dhw flow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss dhw flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not going to have much luck in court, all he has to say that it was working fine until YOU started taking things apart and messing around with how it worked, Has B4 if your not happy Then MOVE OUT.
how can he say it was working fine if it is not? and how can anyone prove I had a look at shower mixer? yes landlords hate spending money but there are no problems when they take ours every month! I refuse to let this lie in anyway until it is resolved.

I like the area I am in as it is handy for work and other things so I wont be moving on. if the landlord is refusing to stick to his end of the tenancy agreement then be it on his head. I have also been nothing but polite to plumber all this time but never seem to get a straight answer of him as to what the fix could be. over 7 months now we have had to put up with a faulty shower which was working perfectly when we moved in so should be repaired/maintained to that level no matter what. its what we are paying for.

how can he say it was working fine if it is not? and how can anyone prove I had a look at shower mixer? yes landlords hate spending money but there are no problems when they take ours every month! I refuse to let this lie in anyway until it is resolved.

Afraid you have been putting everything on this site as to what you have been doing ! Have you asked the landlord, to sort out problems, and have you got proof that you asked,

that's true but everything I have done has been put back as was so no issues there. anyway nobody really knows who I am. yes have texted landlord everytime we have problem (saved every text to) but he just texts back phone number for tradesmen and expects me to arrange everything.

Then I would just arrange it buddy. You will not improve your boiler hot water flow end of. Maybe contractor can sway landlord to a new boiler

Also we've said I. At least four or five poss that a new shower is required. Same as above

Then call him out, and see if he can talk landlord into replacing both + I'm sure that there is a scheme for landlords to get free boiler upgrade Stop wasting your time there is nothing you can do to improve anything, its all past its sell by date, Or like I suggested Find somewhere else to live

Sorry I forgot to mention. The flow rates temperatures etc are usually in the manufacturers own lab under absolute optimal conditions much the same as the emissions on cars or mpg.
you could be right on this but I don't see why the boiler manufacturer would give false info on flow rates and temps. what would they gain by this? I know the car manufacturers fake the mpg because everyone gets drawn in by great fuel economy.

Then I would just arrange it buddy. You will not improve your boiler hot water flow end of. Maybe contractor can sway landlord to a new boiler

ah now that's the thing. landlord gives me plumbers number to arrange things. but how do I know he is not phoning plumber straight after telling him to fob me off? paranoid! I guess so. but who knows with these guys. every penny is a life without parole prisoner:smiley2:

Then call him out, and see if he can talk landlord into replacing both + I'm sure that there is a scheme for landlords to get free boiler upgrade Stop wasting your time there is nothing you can do to improve anything, its all past its sell by date, Or like I suggested Find somewhere else to live

I suppose I could do. but I really shouldn't have to be wasting 7 months of my life on this bs. after I told the landlord about issue it should have been taken care of in a month tops. there is no excuse for it to drag on this long. and I really don't see why I should uproot my life just because the landlord refuses to deal with his legal obligation to carry out repairs. I get the impression he is trying to distance himself from any responsibility.

Been suggested APP and he doesn`t want to, he would rather take the LL to court.
Bit like flogging a dead horse imho.

Cant see him getting anywhere with a court case, he has heating/Hot water just whingeing about shower, somehow under the impression that he can get more hot water from boiler than it was designed to give 25 years ago , if he reads instruction book it usely says within 1 Mtr of boiler

Just read through the entire thread.

All possible advice has been given to the op and the thread is now going round in circles which invariably leads to abuse being hurled.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I believe a dual flow tap does not require non...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It could be best to get him back to have a look
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Back