diamond core drill bit assembly | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter spitfire
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 4K

Discuss diamond core drill bit assembly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spitfire

Hi All

Probably an obvious question to most here, but I have always used a collueges core bit set-up and it is always put together when I use it.

I have just bought my own core drill set (Duradiamond 5 Core Premium Slotted Box Kit). My question is about the pilot bit. How is it inserted into the chuck/core adaptor rods? there does not seem to be any way to retain it......Does it just hammer in (if so how hard?) there is a "drift key " in the box, is this to remove it afterwards?

No instructions in box or online

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
It just pushes in the hole, once you've got a good start the drift key is tapped through the hole in the side of the holder to free the pilot drill.

thanks simon

Do you mean remove the pilot when the core has got a good start and continue to drill without the pilot in ?

That's what I do as my pilot bit is blunt as hell and I'm too tight to buy a new one. Or you can pre drill a 10mm hole through the wall that the pilot will follow.

Its a tapered shaft on the bit, once in place it should stay, drift is to remove it when it's job is done.

I always pilot with my sds and then just use it as a guide to get me started with the core bit.

Couple of things that i find helps when using the diamond core bits:

DO NOT use the drill on hammer, it will not core quicker and will damage the bit.

As mentioned above, once you are in the block/brick/concrete about 20mm, remove the guide bit.

If the bit is getting stuck, take it out of the wall and remove the partially cored piece of masonry from the wall with a hammer and cold chisel, also removing dust, then continue coring.

Try to keep the drill as straight and as steady as possible, putting pressure on the drill but not so much that it slows the spin down excessively.

Wet bricks and engineering block are a nightmare to core through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Cheers Richard details in e-mail. Very best rgds
Replies
Views
erpkid
E
Replies
Views
Re: New packaging for summer 2012 - Diamond...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
Re: Help! - As a PLUMBER we need your help to...
Replies
Views
365drills
  • Question
Re: New tool for 2012. Core ejector for...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back