How to drill the the BACK of tile ALREADY installed onto masonary wall | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to drill the the BACK of tile ALREADY installed onto masonary wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason I didnt take them, but mine are a bit old now. Other option on stone are the tct cores on hammer, but my teeth rattle too much with them, and the holes can get very big quickly!

Well we just had the customer feedback and he said it "Did a beautiful job..."

He explained "We already had one of your bathroom fitters kits here on the job with a 16mm 30mm and 40mm drill. So We used your 30mm to take a slug out of the first tile and expose the masonary brick behind (breeze block). We DIDNT use a 16mm masonary bit. In fact we used a 19mm masonary drill bit to bore out the hole all the way through the blockwork until the tip touched the tile in the other room.

We cleared out the 19mm hole so we could see the tile. We inserted that 16mm diamond core that you supplied above and sluced water down the gap. The 16mm bar rested on the masonary (didnt kick up or move) and we slowly bored out through the back of the tile squirting water down the hole as we went.

The hole formed very quickly even though this is one of the hardest porcelain tiles I have come across. And when the diamond core popped out of the other side (the front of the tile) there was a perfect hole. No blow out. No chips. Nothing shattered.

Really pleased with the results and we want to now order a full selection of other sizes from the PORSADRILL range.

So I think we have a happy customer.
I think he has gone to the effort of drilling up to the tile from behind ,why not live the drill bit into the hole and with a metal detector point exactly
where the drill bit is and drill the tile normally easy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
All three holes created in a different...
Replies
Views
365drills
You can see where we have made progress...
Replies
Views
365drills
C
no not sarcastic at all
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back