Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Whl4852
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5K

Discuss Do you consider Travis Pekins expensive? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The advantage of Plumbfix is that I can browse online, compare lots of products and prices and select what I want. I can then place the order and have it delivered next day or collect it all in 15 minutes from my local branch.You can't do that in a local PTS. Plus everytime I go into PTS, it takes ages to get served. Time is money!

Whether you like Screwfix or hate them, they have a good business model to follow.

Agree with everyone, TP rip off!!! Mainly use local plumbers merchants. Because there is two plumbers merchants down the same industrial area the prices are very competitive. Do like plumbfix because they hold good levels of stock, a wide range of stock and ther's a couple of nice strumpets at ours. Only bad point is you have to get part number for every item you want.

Only bad point is you have to get part number for every item you want.
Order online before you go mate and it will be picked and ready for collection by the time you get there. No need to fluff around with order numbers. That's why I like Plumbfix, plus I have a TradeUK account card with them and B&Q.

Order online before you go mate and it will be picked and ready for collection by the time you get there. No need to fluff around with order numbers. That's why I like Plumbfix, plus I have a TradeUK account card with them and B&Q.

Tradeuk account card? Tell me more please!

I find plumb fix arent competative when compared to a good independant merchant , down my way rgb are similar to williams with ray and his like operating them, and my local independants will always beat plumbfix to get the business and they have most of the gear i need in stock,

tp are rip off used them once in barrow for a bag of dri wall adhesive
over £10.00 never gone in again. ok so i dont have an account but thats crap

Don't suppose it's worth starting a poll on this subject then?

tp are rip off used them once in barrow for a bag of dri wall adhesive
over £10.00 never gone in again. ok so i dont have an account but thats crap

Account or no account, they ripped you off and lost you as a customer. That's the same for me, rip off merchants

I always feel like I've been violated when I get the bill from them and I only use them for building mats if I'm really desperate !

Wouldn't it be good to point TP in the direction of this thread and get a response from them Somone want to contact your local rep and tell him thousands of plumbers on the UKPlumbers forum are dissatisfied with their service? I wonder if he'll come on? Might secure a discount for UKPF Members after reading this thread.

I don't deal with TP so if someone could contact them that would be really great.

Wouldn't it be good to point TP in the direction of this thread and get a response from them Somone want to contact your local rep and tell him thousands of plumbers on the UKPlumbers forum are dissatisfied with their service? I wonder if he'll come on? Might secure a discount for UKPF Members after reading this thread.

I don't deal with TP so if someone could contact them that would be really great.

I would try, but I don't think they would listen to me :)

Seriously, I don't think that they want their TP branches to be competitive on mainstream plumbing stuff - they want to cream it from their builder customers picking up the odd plumbing bit. Bear in mind that they own City Plumbing Supplies, PTS, Toolstation and F&P so they have a plenty of channels which are more competitive. That makes me think its deliberate.

Thanks Ray. It would still be good to get a response from them. Any takers want to help?

Well I started this thread and would love to help, but I'm afraid I don't have the mental capacity to deal with them, I'd end up paying twice as much again!

one guy i work for buys thousands of pounds worth of copper pipe a week, and he finds TP to be the cheapest around, inc. independants. but they are dear for me beacuse i dont have any good terms with them so can only get a standard trade discount.

Well I started this thread and would love to help, but I'm afraid I don't have the mental capacity to deal with them, I'd end up paying twice as much again!

You're best staying away from there, they start rubbing their hands, nudging eachother while winking and turn the price tags around when they see you coming. :tounge_smile:

I know a guy who runs a big building firm, turns over millions a year. He buys everything from Travis Perkins, including a load of plumbing gear. With my City Plumbing account and not spending a fortune in there, I can get plumbing stuff loads cheaper.

I think ill just keep paying Ray cos at the end of the day he is giving me a good service at keen prices and doesnt feel the need to have my pants down. Travis wont be getting my money and hopefully you boys up north will be able to shop at a Williams sometime in the future........Sorry Ray ill remove my tongue from your a**e forthwith.

I'm not going anywhere near your pants - the word is that they're toxic.

But thanks for the plug. :)

Not only expensive but different price for same item depending on who gives service. Using their "Trade Cash Card" price would be higher than without. Many years ago quoted £5.00 per sheet for 100 sheets of plasterboard, Buildbase supplied at £3.50. Recent experiences indicate nothing has changed. Would only use as last resort.

got to admit that my local tp manager changed since i last used them, prices through the roof £3 for 21.5mm overflow 3m length, had a hissy fit as i needed it then and my normal independant 10 miles away! mentioned this thread to assistant and only got shoulder shrug, asked where my terms had gone another shrug, so against what i previously said, they are no longer on my xmas card list.

Freshfields business park in Brighton has to have the record.

Apart from us, there is Plumbcentre, PTS, Grahams, Plumbbase, Screwfix and Jewson all on one tiny estate. Also a CEF and a Brewers.

Great Friday call for the manufacturers reps, park the car, tick off 8 calls by mid-morning, and down the pub for lunch.

Don't forget the fascia place always handy for a bit of guttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Back