Does this work seem reasonable? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Does this work seem reasonable? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I agree diamond gas, I always try to have the price agreed by both parties before work has even started to save any aggro, sometimes this isnt possible though and a rough estimate give or take is given instead, but if it is going to be much dearer then I'd let them know before I done anything

Hey RoryD ... Wow! :) Wasn't having a swipe at yourself matey orBG for that matter. I worked for BG 25 years, ended up service technician and am still in contact with a lot of my pals at BG! My point was that none are exempt from 'part fitters' and used my experience of working for the echelons to emphasise my point. In no way was it meant as some kind of vendetta against BG. More an acknowledgement that even the 'best' can get it wrong on occasions..... You know yourself that you don't always get it right first time yeh?

Nice to know you have the passion I once had for a company that offers a great environment to learn this trade though...lol

Chill ...
Apologies mate. As for the not getting it right first time.....have you been following me about??????

Apologies mate. As for the not getting it right first time.....have you been following me about??????

LOL :rofl:

Are the bosses still badgering you about recalls?
Honestly Roryd it got to the point where I was collecting returned parts for examination! Blokes were fitting part after part to get stuff working even though they had us & the laptop to fall back on. None of us know it all and a second head is great to have around when you pulling ya hair out, one thing I know BG still give their guys!

LOL :rofl:

Are the bosses still badgering you about recalls?
Honestly Roryd it got to the point where I was collecting returned parts for examination! Blokes were fitting part after part to get stuff working even though they had us & the laptop to fall back on. None of us know it all and a second head is great to have around when you pulling ya hair out, one thing I know BG still give their guys!

Well the "New thing" is quality, so you can spend longer at a job and fault find down to one part (LOL!!!). However the laptop tools, technical helpdesk and 7,000 engineers on the phone gives an edge. Sometime blokes don't do that. I suppose we do have advantages as we now have priority helplines with major Manufacturers

Yes we are if you read my first ever posts on here today! now the last engineer cant be found and my boiler is in bits all over literally,and so far I have coughed up for 2 pcb boards now both blown and a new pump,fan and clock,obviously the engineer had no idea how to fix and after I paid his rate as well i have now spent over £800 hes vanished and mobile cut off. Clearly i was expected to pick up tab for all his misdiagnosisis!!

Similar plumbing topics

Heating repaired. Was the central heating zone...
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
Fan should shunt on start up. Check voltage as...
Replies
Views
Both good tests it could also filthy system...
Replies
Views
Back