electric shower problems | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss electric shower problems in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bless

Hi i'v got a electric shower to take a look at tomorrow. it's got power running to it but no hot water. has anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Many thanks for any advise.

And then there's some showers that don't have any serviceable parts, like the some of the Gainsborough range, where you have to change the entire 'engine'

Upvote 0
why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

Upvote 0
why, I'm allowed to plumb in and connet a replacement shower. normally when they fail to heat up the have burnt out. other problem is over pressure valve giving way needing the little ball popping back in if you can find it. All other issues need parts ordering at labour v new shower costs apply hence new shower. remember sparkies and water dont mix, they do not like to be wet in their jobs:D

It is a grey area which I am sure some boffins will be working out a way that they can charge us for a course, certificate or badge that " allows " us to do what we have done for decades. BTW don't get me onto electricians

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Electrical shower problems I have installed a...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can do a few fairly simple tests. To test...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
Back