electric shower problems | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss electric shower problems in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bless

Hi i'v got a electric shower to take a look at tomorrow. it's got power running to it but no hot water. has anyone got an idea what the problem is?
Many thanks for any advise.

You've got part P then.

No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments

Upvote 0
No just lots and lots of common sense and experience through years of work in this industry, and I gave up counting how many times Ive followed up after sparkies even those with a part P who leave leaking immersions (pretty lethal) and dont know how to wire up a s or y plan . Any more smart arse comments
how you know fuse and circuit is up to spec ?

Upvote 0
To take the load without overheating the cable. All showers of 8.5kw and above must be 10mm twin and earth minimum. If the cable run is a long one it should be increased to 12mm.

Also have to take in how the cable is ran, is it ran in a void is the void insulated etc etc etc. That's why I use a sparky, I'll concentrate on the stuff I'm good at and the same for him.

Upvote 0
Also have to take in how the cable is ran, is it ran in a void is the void insulated etc etc etc. That's why I use a sparky, I'll concentrate on the stuff I'm good at and the same for him.
That's why I have 2 sparks on my installs. They not only know what they're doing, they hand the customer a electrical works safety certificate upon completion.

Upvote 0
Right......kisssy, kissy guys, or Judge Dredd's coming out and if he has to leave his cans of Magners to dish out nasties, then he'll not be too chuffed.

Open forums and swallying just don't mix. You have been warned.

I am the Law.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Electrical shower problems I have installed a...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can do a few fairly simple tests. To test...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
Back