Ferroli Modena 102 - Fault find for me please chaps!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli Modena 102 - Fault find for me please chaps!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad it worked out danny,a very weak part on all ferroli modenas and f30 f24,and my first suspect when i come across this fault if the waters black ch thermistor will not be long before it gives up,thats what this forums all about helping each other

glad it worked out danny,a very weak part on all ferroli modenas and f30 f24,and my first suspect when i come across this fault if the waters black ch thermistor will not be long before it gives up,thats what this forums all about helping each other
i agree with that sentiment gasman a lot of us dont get many boiler repairs and dont gain that depth of knoledge its great to have the means to tap in to others experience
some one should start a web site with the top five problems on popular boilers
actually the boiler manufacturers have access to the most common faults long before anyone else and should be forced to list them on their websites

Last edited:
i totally agree steve,about helping each other,what really winds me up is the manufactures,look at this thread from danny as a example ferroli were adamant it was the heat exchanger cost to buy £350 (twinpass so dear) and as i said it would be the venturies but they wont willingly give out the right advice because they want to rip you on spares,in this case danny would have more than likely replaced the boiler,so this forums invaluable

True, client was saying that they would rather have a new boiler than put a £360+VAT part (PTS trade price?) in there boiler. I don't blame them. So a tenner on a component is a winner all round. I like to repair things, and not throw something thats perfectly good in the skip.

Also as I have said, why do they make the part from plastic? it looks like something from a Kinder Egg.

Its a good forum, and I come on here to help people and learn....so I now have this info saved in my noggin for the next time.

It kind of annoys me when people come on for advise and you get no feedback as to if it worked....fine if it didnt but if it did it's useful to post a quick message as it means the thread is available for others in the future.

I've used threads that are 3/4 years old in the past to get me out of a jam with all matter of things from boilers to laptops.

thank you for the feedback Danny,always appreciated to all of us on the forum,and i agree with what you say but people are people 2 pm,s this week thanking me for my help but last week none,we give advice for several reasons to help guys like us out,as you have asked and very capably sorted out,and( i may need your advice one day)and to help others(when we think they wont kill them selves)as it was pointed out to me the other day,this forum is growing and is already good but we dont settle for that on here we are the best,and if we cant ask each other(which we could not without the forum,could in the merchants but most are miserable gits) whats the point of the word colleague ?we are all learning all the time

My son repaired his ferroli fan motor circuit board £10 for part from electrical wholesaler.
Ordered part then told the order was cancled. So ordered board £170 next day delivery,
still needed another part £90 . Called in plumbco New ferrolli Boiler £320 how do they do it for that I asked , they make more money on parts.

Hi All, I'm having the exact same problem; I believe it to be crap in the system. I was just wondering if anyone had the exchanger out on one for the best way to do it.
Thanks and Kind Regards, Ian

Hi, just wanted to say big thanks all you guys who take time to reply to these threds.
To Dannypipe, i had the same simptoms as you described. Beenscratching my head trying to figure it out, read this, done it, fixed it, customer well happy, and so am I at the gained knowledge.
Several plumbers just said replace fan/ heat exchanger/ circuit board and so on, others just said replace the boiler first as last.
Gas man your knoledge nows no bounds, many thanks.
Theres allways another way.

I would like to thank all that posted on here as I had they same problem with my boiler....i,m not a plumber but i used the advice and opened up the boiler and carefully vaccumed out the venturi and any other little hoses and pipes.then reassembled and it works perfectly now.no new parts req :) thanks again

Balls. missed this one. moved to private forum.

Keep an eye out lad, stop these cretins using info off the forums where they shouldn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I have a customer who’s Moderna 102 has been...
Replies
Views
This sounds like a faulty venturi causing the...
Replies
Views
Winnywood
W
If it's creeping back upto 3 bar with nothing...
Replies
Views
Back