Ffs | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jase158
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 1K

Discuss Ffs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
found this link on the citb website 6000 quid over 3 years that cant be bad seriously thinking about it now.

balls forgot link

[DLMURL="http://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grant/claiming-grants-available/apprenticeship-grant-england-wales/"]Apprenticeship Grant in England and Wales - CITB[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally like big wipes bio spray or fizzy ldf . Got a proper cleaner if it's really bad he charges. 50 a room. Very helpful when expansion blows on boiler in flats or u dribbled black snots when carrying out old cylinder and it missed runner.

I just spoke with the lady from CITB yesterday. For his 3 year NVQ 3 I will get a total of £10,250 from CITB and £1,500 from the government. This will cover a good chunk of my apprentice's wages.

He's in his 3rd week with me and already helped me earn an extra £200 this week which I wouldn't have been able to do on my own.

Don't settle for someone without initiative and some common sense is my advice. Of course they won't know everything about plumbing when you take them on, but with the above 2 qualities they can learn quickly.

I just spoke with the lady from CITB yesterday. For his 3 year NVQ 3 I will get a total of £10,250 from CITB and £1,500 from the government. This will cover a good chunk of my apprentice's wages.

He's in his 3rd week with me and already helped me earn an extra £200 this week which I wouldn't have been able to do on my own.

Don't settle for someone without initiative and some common sense is my advice. Of course they won't know everything about plumbing when you take them on, but with the above 2 qualities they can learn quickly.

Get it in writing what you will get!
my trainer was told a similar thing and got nothing after!

Get it in writing what you will get!
my trainer was told a similar thing and got nothing after!

I have it all in writing from the lady yesterday, she gave me a handout from them which breaks it all down. I was also told that as it's paid pro-rata if he quits or doesn't complete training I don't have to pay anything back. I will get it all confirmed by email though after reading your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back