Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 7 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice....we need pics....bought a sentinel eliminator to take to bits, magnets x4 look weedy........waiting for a system like your dads to try it on lol.

Changed the seal on a MC lid today just 1 year old, found when doing on ASV to boiler...
done a filter clean on a tf1 fitted to a 2 year old potterton gold after doing a boiler service lid was peeing out

done a filter clean on a tf1 fitted to a 2 year old potterton gold after doing a boiler service lid was peeing out
It's getting to a point where RF stats and filters etc cause more hassle and call outs, as good and convenient as they are!
Going to give the Centramag a shot

This is why I have designed centramag ,so when you turn the lid , the rubber seal or o ring does not .There is a high chance of the lid leaking ,that is why we have opted for a rubber washer not a o ring , 2 reasons ........ rubber washer can be reused and has a greater cross section .

I havn't came across a leaky magnaclean yet (luckily) but like... the labels always seem to peel off on their own, and I know its not much to moan about, but it always bothers me

I tried TF1s for a while, Adey Magnacleans are far better and easier to fit, i get my in above the boiler next to the flue most times.
They do not collect everything, so if the system is really bad suck the F&E out with a wet and dry.
Also fit a strainer in just after the Magnaclean and do a rapid flush with a maganclense.

Job sorted.

This is why I have designed centramag ,so when you turn the lid , the rubber seal or o ring does not .There is a high chance of the lid leaking ,that is why we have opted for a rubber washer not a o ring , 2 reasons ........ rubber washer can be reused and has a greater cross section .

Any chance you could get approval by a boiler manufacturer?

I'm thinking of a company who manufactures in the UK, would be nice for marketing if you could put something like Approved by Ideal or Gas boiler manufacturers on your web site and labels.

Have you looked at the Irish market?

you would be able to use magnacleanse on our filter , as the valves are 3/4 bsp
I tried TF1s for a while, Adey Magnacleans are far better and easier to fit, i get my in above the boiler next to the flue most times.
They do not collect everything, so if the system is really bad suck the F&E out with a wet and dry.
Also fit a strainer in just after the Magnaclean and do a rapid flush with a maganclense.

Job sorted.

can you recommend any irish distributors ?

I'm thinking of a company who manufactures in the UK, would be nice for marketing if you could put something like Approved by Ideal or Gas boiler manufacturers on your web site and labels.

Gas Man, pretty sure your not meant to take the lid off on a TF1 when you service it, just remove the magnet and drain it.

Pete have a look at my new video , the benefits of Centramag
Centramag Filter - YouTube

Last edited:
I have one of these Trappex Centramag filters and first view they look very good, I will fit it tomorrow and see how we go.

fitted one today, no probs,will see in a year if its done its job :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 74
Has anyone had any issues with these centramag filters yet, any leaks etc?

more pics of one i put in, it was a new system, and was running 13 hrs approx and it caught this,
second pic is of solder which was in the bottom of filter, EEK ! carnt believe there is so much !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
Centramag is selling well in independent merchants and no complaints of leaks because the centramag lid uses a washer not a o ring as other filters are doing (more surface area )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I like old skool...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
M
My feeling is that it's not the homeowners...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought a four bed house, it's about...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back