Flue in a carport.... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue in a carport.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a problematic boiler where customer has let slip that he intends to build a carport around the flue terminal. He has already had a plume kit fitted thinking this would be sufficient if the periscope comes out through the roof of the car port. He has now told me that he intends to put solid walls and a garage door on this so it’s rapidly become a wooden garage. He is arguing that enough air will get in as it’s not a brick structure. I’ve told him it won’t and have told him the boiler will be cut and capped if I service it again next year and there is this structure in place. He claims he’s spoken with gas safe and they’ve agreed with him but this sounds bollox to me. Am I right

Exactly what I told him mate. Sorry I just meant I’d cap the boiler if it was enclosed when I do the service. I knew I was right

theres a tb on this subject in short needs to be open straight through

Similar plumbing topics

Was sweet when we commissioned the system...
Replies
Views
Couple of tubes of clear mastic and some...
Replies
Views
I’ve also been given conflicting advice by...
Replies
Views
P
excellent puddle nearly mirrored my day,just...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back