gas safe register in london | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas safe register in london in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
do you know any one that is willing to do some hard working and willing to earn about £200 a day -
in return will need to change a boiler and valves in a flat in 1 day and get to keep all the scrap he rip out apart from cyinders as main contractor keep them ,if he bring a mate mate will get about £50-£60 a day !

I wouldnt normally say anything in open forum mate but seeing as we are in the arms, your prices seem very low?

A complete system change over, fit new boiler and valves, thats a long day and for £200.

Do you not flush the system?

I wish you luck mate but thats a tall order for the money.

What is it a sub sub contract job?

It is a sub job for the local cancel in SW4 . We only do install There is a some o e that do power flush only on day two ! £200 +scrap about £60-80 a job is not bad if you ask me , put it this way Is better than sitting home and waiting for a call , for some one that does not have much work on will be good !But have to worn you is a hard work and it need to be done in 1 day !

I think that is rubbish in my honest opinion , i am in devon a notorious low wage area and i get £350 for bolier change straight swap no flush after or anything . We also get to keep any scrap , i wouldn't do that even down here never mind london !!!

I used to get £800 for a job like this from Eaga 9 years ago.
But like I said, Good luck with the search.

Nice to see a genuine offer of work for a change - good luck with it all !

Although I do think the price too cheap for a boiler swap (even an easy one).

Nothing like undervaluing the trade,selling yourself cheap and cutting corners

There is no need or excuse to work for these prices in sw4,you are being taken advantage of

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your honest opinion on this " rubbish " . What I do not get is every one is complaining about prices and not much work on but no one is willing to take the little job which can pay up to £1k a week + £400 -£500 worth of scrap and wages for there mate of £300-£400 !Will not try to help any one anymore !Thanks to all replayed back on this !

£200 - £250 is about what i think gets paid around by me at the moment, £415 - £480 for a full heating system. Its not great money but at this current time is all most can find. with the way work is even local auth. are taking advantage of tradesmen.

how these figure's translate down to your neck of the woods i have no idea. Hope you find somebody.

good offer SGI , something is better then nothing imho , me my slef have had the best summer in the last 6 years im already booked up to 14th november. if i had been laid on mi backside all summer moaning i had no work , id of had a ride down. id rather work then sit at home with the mrs

Lets be honest about this mate.
You are not trying to help someone you will be taking a cut as well.

Its not you we are getting at but the devaluing of our trade.
Local authority's have to have the work carried out and they will try to get it at the lowest price possible but if no one takes it they will have to offer more.

Constantly taking work at a lower rate is what drives the market down.

Have you thought about taking someone on the books and offering a guaranteed wage?
Just remember if you are not getting the interest its not because there are no engineers out there, just that they also think its not worth killing yourself for that sort of money.

i am going for an interview tomorrow £475 for full heating system regardless if its combi or system, and £200 for a straight combi swap ! That 475 will prob get split between 2 engineers and hopefully get done in a day which is not bad if u ask me, seems like the going rate up here

i am going for an interview tomorrow £475 for full heating system regardless if its combi or system, and £200 for a straight combi swap ! That 475 will prob get split between 2 engineers and hopefully get done in a day which is not bad if u ask me, seems like the going rate up here

Moneys money at the end of the day gerry, fairplay to you. I've no experiance in install so prices are not some I am up on, but I'm getting nearly 200 sheets a day for servicing, so it seems like a number that most people are happy with. After all it is contracting, the bloke who "owns" the job will be taking his cut. Theres not way we'd work for this type of money on our own jobs, but work is tough to come by lately and its better than sitting at home doing nothing.

Good luck with your interview mate

Tom

when you do the servicing contract work, do you just do servicing or breakdowns aswell ??

when you do the servicing contract work, do you just do servicing or breakdowns aswell ??

Just servicing. I don't know enough to tackle breakdowns as well yet, I know enough to get by but not enough on complex breakdowns so I just do servicing.

thats good prices for servicing, seen one advertising for servicing 800-1000 a week but I dont have WAT1 so I can't apply for it !! well I've phoned the bloody agency but can never get a hold of the guy and he never phones back, I am trying to stay clear from those leeches now and sub direct

thats good prices for servicing, seen one advertising for servicing 800-1000 a week but I dont have WAT1 so I can't apply for it !! well I've phoned the bloody agency but can never get a hold of the guy and he never phones back, I am trying to stay clear from those leeches now and sub direct

I don't blame you, this is contracting with out and agency, I just got to invoice every few weeks for my cash. Its a bit more work but all my money is mine and I just put aside 20% for tax. I have only been here 2 weeks since I got the chop from BG so I'm sending my first invoice tomorrow for 10 days work. Plus I'm getting my travel time and mileage paid for when I'm needed to work further away, but most days I'm working on my door step and home by 4ish

I will need to travel to another city for this work but its better than nowt !! the interview I went for last week lost out to 2 ex-BG guys because I wasnt experienced in breakdowns, how do you get the experience though ?? it gets to me really and I'm sure your the same as we've been in the game the same amount of time, your classed as inexperienced but you don't even get the chance to prove your worth

Last edited by a moderator:
I will need to travel to another city for this work but its better than nowt !! the interview I went for last week lost out to 2 ex-BG guys because I wasnt experienced in breakdowns, how do you get the experience though ?? it ****es me off really and I'm sure your the same as we've been in the game the same amount of time, your classed as inexperienced but you don't even get the chance to prove your worth

Your spot on there. I'm going to installer live and going to book on some courses there, and theres this bloke I know who is the best breakdown engineer I have ever seen and I'm contemplating having a month off and buddying up with him to learn more, but it all depends on money at the end of the day and if i can afford not to work for a month or so, I would do it straight away if I where out of work but thankfully at the moment I have work but we'll wait and see.

I do servicing as well as installs for main gas contractor and to be honest they just drop you in the muck . Go do a service on this property turn up and its a break down !!!!
Dont get no option but to try get through it , my knowledge is very limited on fault finding but guys i work with are spot on , quick phone call and they talk me through it . To be honest i prefer plumbing than gas engineering as find it boring and day drags !!

I might go down to that installers live, depends on the cash situation lol

big show down / up birmingha. some good deals from suppliers. havent been to one in a while mind

when i sub to a local company i get £200 a day, i but a fair days graft in, changing boilers etc what ever needs doing tbh i dont complain in this climate £200 a day is a good rate, and for me its a week or so everymonth and i just book my own work around it! usually guarnteeing myself a income of £1500 a month before i do my own work. ill be honest its been a god send over the summer, and i will still work for this over the winter! dont spite the hand that feeds me! its giving me a steady income ontop of my own work!

some people run their business based on £200 a day, but if your getting paid that as a subby........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
I
No your fine just make sure there registered...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back