gas safe register in london | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas safe register in london in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people run their business based on £200 a day, but if your getting paid that as a subby........
like i said mate its a good place to start!!!

and it defo looks after me!

next step for me is to take a apprentice/mature apprentice on :)

Thank you all for your honest opinion on this " rubbish " . What I do not get is every one is complaining about prices and not much work on but no one is willing to take the little job which can pay up to £1k a week + £400 -£500 worth of scrap and wages for there mate of £300-£400 !Will not try to help any one anymore !Thanks to all replayed back on this !
It all seems to be praise and good will since posted this
Either way I agree if your local or even have to travel then the money for a hard day is far too cheap, but like you say if folk are sat at home earning nowt who can complain. if you can give 5 boilers in 5 days then its a good offer but if you can`t its not great

what would you rather, stans offer or the £8 an hour I've seen advertised in the job centre recently, I have done a hard days graft for much less money, unless you have your own customers that you get continued work then Stans offer is reasonable, and seems to be about the going rate at the moment as mentioned in this post

I do a hard day every day but the good ones even out the bad ones, like it or lump it we are all in the same boat. Some get good work some get not so good its all work its just how little you accept.
£8 per hour just as well I am not looking for a job

Well i am being honest £200 for boiler change is rubbish !!! Dont get me wrong if not alot of work out there then i would do it but would be looking for something else. Besides you have to declare your scrap money ,,,,allegedly !!

Last edited by a moderator:
thats where this trade has gone wrong everyone working for bad wages i was getting 250 for boiler swops as a subby for linbrooks 20 years ago
all council work two handed in out in a dayhome by 3 and i could buy a house for 75000 now that house is 250 000 and your telling me its good to get 200

people can work for whatever they wish but at moment with not alot of work about people are selling htemselves short .Bottom end at the mo must surely be £300 , boilere changes used to be a premium pay rate for us ,at £200 may as well spend the day jobbing for less stress and same money .

I just want the experience and I'm happy with £200 a day but obviously I would be happier with more, but thats about as good as your gonna get at the moment subbing

Dont get me wrong £200 is a good days wage but not for boiler changes . Fact is you should push for higher wage !

It shouldnt be a race to the bottom. This trade is being de-skilled. We need to let councils and such like no that this sort of work cant be done so cheaply.

lets be honest combi swops arnt really a hard days work like the old days! alot easier now! ill be honest i can do a combi swop in 1/2 day if simple and spend the other half giving the system a good flush! and my pipework is nice and tidy and would be proud to but my name to any of my work, before people say im rough etc. im on about a combi out combi in pipe correct way round etc!

but boilers arnt to heavy not really a problem to wire when everything is plug and play, To be fair mate £200 is fine plus scrap in the current climate if people are sitting around, i would work for £100 a day, but thats just me and my own work ethic!!

dont get me wrong lads I would much prefer more money but this is the going rate at the moment unfortunately so take it or lump it, after I get to know the guys I might try negotiate prices. Ohhh and I dont get to keep the scrap !!

lets be honest combi swops arnt really a hard days work like the old days! alot easier now! ill be honest i can do a combi swop in 1/2 day if simple and spend the other half giving the system a good flush! and my pipework is nice and tidy and would be proud to but my name to any of my work, before people say im rough etc. im on about a combi out combi in pipe correct way round etc!

but boilers arnt to heavy not really a problem to wire when everything is plug and play, To be fair mate £200 is fine plus scrap in the current climate if people are sitting around, i would work for £100 a day, but thats just me and my own work ethic!!

Your obviously not taking out the boilers i am then !!!
some of the old ideals full on back breakers and worcesters with the old style square flues , spend 2/3 hours plastering and bricklaying !!!
If its all good to go tho then yes 5 hours of work , unless its a worcester with a plastic two bobjig !!

Also it helps if the tennants dont decide to start cooking in a kitchen the size of a shoe box like i had today ,,,,, UNREAL!!!

dont get me wrong lads I would much prefer more money but this is the going rate at the moment unfortunately so take it or lump it, after I get to know the guys I might try negotiate prices. Ohhh and I dont get to keep the scrap !!

How'd you get on in that interview today gerry?

Your right about the combi to combi swops but in this case its a complete change over (eg Y or S plan to combi) so pipework, cylinder and valves.

R u kidding me , conversion Tom s plan to combi same location +valves+wirering +plum kit+plum ext +flue guard +earth bonding +condense safe+wireless stat all done by 4:30pm and this was me and a mate !

R u kidding me , conversion Tom s plan to combi same location +valves+wirering +plum kit+plum ext +flue guard +earth bonding +condense safe+wireless stat all done by 4:30pm and this was me and a mate !

Whats wrong with finishing 4:30???

How'd you get on in that interview today gerry?

got it mate starting on monday, got a BBU, Cylinder & Tank to rip out, combi to fit plus 8 rads and room stat ! all for £475 and I dont even get to keep the scrap ! hard times

I think the thing is, I maybe could work at that speed but choose not too.
I would prefer too take my time and do a complete job that I would be happy to have in my own house.

For instance I maybe take 3 hours at the end of the job commissioning and balancing the system.

Im not having a go at you SGI and I do appreciate there is a big difference installing in a council void (I have done it) and putting a system into a million pound house.

No , but why do you bother asking as is a big old rubbish as you did mention in early post ! Would have not be offended if it was a repllay from not a regular member ....

Look back mate It was not me that said that.

My opinion is we are all on the same side.

Dont take it so personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
I
No your fine just make sure there registered...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back