gas safe register in london | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas safe register in london in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
£475 !!!!!!!!
For all that !!!
Thats alot of work , is the old circuit being ripped out as well ???

Sorry you lost me know , i said te price of £200 is rubbish which it is , and i also said whats wrong with finishing 4:30???

Y or S plan to combi are not difficult either unless they are moving halfway round the house. Any half switched on guy could have them up and running before 2.
Most big contract stuff have electricians and builders so that saves more time.

I think most have to put this in perspective when looking at it. £200 a shift (no matter what i was doing) would not interest me because i don't need it. I have more than enough as it is. But if i was scraping along making £50 here or £80 there the chance of continual work and a grand a week + extras would certainly appeal.

What ever the rate the council are paying for this work, you can be sure Stan is not making much more than he is offering. He will be subbing through someone else who will be making at least as much as he is offering for passing the work on.

If you were books in you would be working for between £80 and £150 a shift doing the same stuff so what is the big problem.

I used to get £800 for a job like this from Eaga 9 years ago.
But like I said, Good luck with the search.

Not anymore you wouldn't. Subbies are down to around £600 for a 7 rad install and books in are around £450. (my bro worked for them for 8 years and just left 3 weeks ago) Split that between 2 guys for a serious hard day doing 4 x 7 rad installs a week for £900 at the top take home around £650 + maybe another £200 scrap. Is that a good wage or bad wage considering the work done.
You tell me.

I think Stan has to be commended for trying to pass on a bit work and if he i making a couple of quid out of doing so then so what.
He is offering the chance of a grand + a week which is decent money to anyone's way of thinking.
Now if you are happy rsing around doing nothing much for 4 or £500 and you can live on what you make then fair enough or if you can make more doing less then all to the good but don't knock the guy for offering.

got it mate starting on monday, got a BBU, Cylinder & Tank to rip out, combi to fit plus 8 rads and room stat ! all for £475 and I dont even get to keep the scrap ! hard times
Just leave them the boiler and cylinder and tell them if the want the rest cut it out themselves.

got it mate starting on monday, got a BBU, Cylinder & Tank to rip out, combi to fit plus 8 rads and room stat ! all for £475 and I dont even get to keep the scrap ! hard times

Fairplay mate hope it goes well, I'm sure you could make some of the scrap "disappear"

I was getting £785 off eaga per pack last year , to be frank that was the end of doing packs as a contractor for me . One a day rubbish tearing rounmd like an idiot then chasing your money from them each week .
And to be honest eaga probably put the worst standard of pack i have ever come across in shocking install company . The eaga way as the management used to say ,,,can see why they went under crock of !!

we get to keep all pipe work but hw cylinder and combi tanks (copper ) gets taken out from me:banghead: ,any how last week scrap come up to £630 for 1 week work ,this week my predictions are about £400

tamz, Dont get me wrong as I have not once knocked SGI, in fact I have wished him luck in several posts.

Yes £200 per day is a bloody good wage, but my point all along has been that our trade is devalued and working for that sort of money only serves to drive prices down further.
If you are in a void property and everything goes smoothly and you have a mate you can trust and no problems, maybe you can do this in a day?
But I live in the real world where things do go wrong and I have done my share of 15-16 hour days and I just dont want it anymore unless it pays.

You have just said yourself Eaga still pay £600.
Maybe its an age thing and I value other things now over a quick buck?

tuesday job drillinf the flue hole took me 5h,
1.5 h I was coring with my new Hilti DD110 then
3h i took me to go to local hilti and get the big boy TE60 as my dad suggested then drilled 6 holes in the flue and just chiselled it a way !
the wall had face brick then 2 engineering bricks then inner brick total of 600mm

Maybe its an age thing and I value other things now over a quick buck?

It is an age thing :lol:

Eaga were taken over by Carillion a couple of months back and the rates have been slashed which is why my bro left them but he is regretting it as the stuff he is doing now is all plastic so very little scrap.
To tell you the truth it used to sicken me with the stuff he scrapped while with Eaga. Full bundles of pipe, boxes of fittings, brass holderbats etc and he was is as rough as a badgers rse on installs. So much so i wouldn't have him working for me unless he was on his bones.
He knows his stuff though and is still fast and other co's know him so he will never be stuck.

tuesday job drillinf the flue hole took me 5h,
1.5 h I was coring with my new Hilti DD110 then
3h i took me to go to local hilti and get the big boy TE60 as my dad suggested then drilled 6 holes in the flue and just chiselled it a way !
the wall had face brick then 2 engineering bricks then inner brick total of 600mm

If you get the same type house again get onto the main contractor and tell him you want a diamond drilling co in to do the flue at their cost.

If you get the same type house again get onto the main contractor and tell him you want a diamond drilling co in to do the flue at their cost.
I am well happy with my new best friend TE60
today it took me 5min to do the flue in normal brick wall no engineering bricks only 400mm normal bricks
18mm drill bit and 700mm long flat chisel is the key for my success ,as every one know this jobs are about in and out in 1 day

Potential £1000 p/w does sound attractive but 5 boiler swaps to achieve it certainly aint, i'd rather spend the week fitting outside taps fer £50 a pop than do that, just as boring but at least theres the potential to earn even more.

dont worry lads at they prices they will be getting the boiler and cylinder and they can rip out the rest themselves !!! i'm under no illusion that the money is pish, but heeey, what can you do ???

anyway i'm away to get more drunk and forget all about plumbing and all that malarky:p

just keep up the good work GQuigley67 and everything will be ok ! get young mate to do all the run about for you .
I have one with me and looking to get one more as job will be involving fitting 250 full central heating systems !
two bed flats done in 1 day
can not wait for it to come :)

Realistically you will never get 20 outside taps in a week and most would be lucky to come near 20 any type small jobs a week.
Continuity of work is the thing here. For X amount of weeks you know the money is in the bank. Anything else is a bonus.

I would rather do a bit gardening and play golf than work but i have to do something to subsidise my ever shrinking pension pot.

Jobbing and service and repair bores me to tears. I pass on more than i do.
I won't work directly for builders so i am stuck with install work or one off new builds which i don't mind and i do a bit contract work on big stuff.
You could say all of the work i do, the money is hard come by.
It suits me because i am used to it but it is not everyones cup of tea.

When you get to 50 the doc will want to be your best pal. I went along a few years ago and had the usual checks:
blood pressure; heart attack waiting to happen. stop smoking..........i since have but my BP is still 176/102 as of Monday at Boots!
I'm obese; 6ft 3", 17 stone, 34" waist not even a beer belly¿ ..... "do you think your BMI sums may not apply to everyone?".... "it is really for your avarage person"
Do you do any excersise....."No. I work"
Have you ever thought of joining a gym?.........."(in my head) fk off, i run 10 hrs a day" .......... "No doctor i am too tired when i get in at night"
Maybe you should think about joining one........"(in my head) maybe i should take you out for a shift and work you into the ground"......."I'll think about it"

It is all about your capabilities and what you feel comfortable doing.

i NEED TO GET THE BLOOD PRESSURE CALMED DOWN THO.

Realistically you will never get 20 outside taps in a week and most would be lucky to come near 20 any type small jobs a week.
Continuity of work is the thing here. For X amount of weeks you know the money is in the bank. Anything else is a bonus.

I would rather do a bit gardening and play golf than work but i have to do something to subsidise my ever shrinking pension pot.

Jobbing and service and repair bores me to tears. I pass on more than i do.
I won't work directly for builders so i am stuck with install work or one off new builds which i don't mind and i do a bit contract work on big stuff.
You could say all of the work i do, the money is hard come by.
It suits me because i am used to it but it is not everyones cup of tea.

When you get to 50 the doc will want to be your best pal. I went along a few years ago and had the usual checks:
blood pressure; heart attack waiting to happen. stop smoking..........i since have but my BP is still 176/102 as of Monday at Boots!
I'm obese; 6ft 3", 17 stone, 34" waist not even a beer belly¿ ..... "do you think your BMI sums may not apply to everyone?".... "it is really for your avarage person"
Do you do any excersise....."No. I work"
Have you ever thought of joining a gym?.........."(in my head) fk off, i run 10 hrs a day" .......... "No doctor i am too tired when i get in at night"
Maybe you should think about joining one........"(in my head) maybe i should take you out for a shift and work you into the ground"......."I'll think about it"

It is all about your capabilities and what you feel comfortable doing.

i NEED TO GET THE BLOOD PRESSURE CALMED DOWN THO.

my da since he has turned 50(june) has been diagnosed with high blood pressure and still waiting other tests, hes a foreman on new builds sites so has to deal with all the usual grief, hes said since he's turned 50 its all went downhll haha

I find Alcohol is a great de-stresser.:wink:

I am nearly 50 (48 in fact) and I find running around like a headless chicken doing installs is the way to earn good money but like I said I am much happier earning half as much and having a calm time.

For me £200= 5 x breakdowns (no parts)
3 x LLSC
With these I can be home by lunch.

I dont get anywhere near these numbers however but I do get a livable wage, and thats what it is all about.

I will never be loaded or have a house bigger than I need but I have a good quality of life.
I get home to my family early and I always have money to have a beer, go out for a meal or what ever life throws at me and that for me is enough.

10 years ago I was working alone and clearing £1500 per week but I was working myself into an early grave and it was just not worth it.
With age comes wisdom and now I am a lot happier.

For the young lads this is a great opportunity to make money but it is not easy money.

dont get me wrong mate am still young dumb and full of....(I'm 21 22 soon)by the time I'm pushin 50 I hope to be off the tools

For the young lads this is a great opportunity to make money but it is not easy money.

And that is the truth. You get used to it, the money and the stress but as Armourer said as you get older your priorities will change.

dont get me wrong mate am still young dumb and full of....(I'm 21 22 soon)by the time I'm pushin 50 I hope to be off the tools
Ha I thought i would be deed by 30 :lol: I'm still here and working as hard as ever.

I was in for an ACS on CPA1 donation this week and as usual the guy in the centre offered me a job.
I said ask me again next time i'm in but i know you can't afford me.
We'll see as my perception changes as i get older.

Ha I thought i would be deed by 30 :lol: I'm still here and working as hard as ever.

I was in for an ACS on CPA1 donation this week and as usual the guy in the centre offered me a job.
I said ask me again next time i'm in but i know you can't afford me.
We'll see as my perception changes as i get older.

And they will mate.............FFS I have kids as old as GQuigley67.

It does not mean I know anymore or have the answers.
Like I said earlier we are all on the same side.

FFS I have kids as old as GQuigley67..
I have kids older too and bones 2 n half times so.

As you say we are all on the same side here.
Ideally we should all be on a great rate as this trade will trake it's toll, which reminds me.......

When i started up on my own i went to the local bank (when they still had a manager you could talk to) to open a business account.
I sat there listening to his tripe about this and that then he said "so do you have a business plan?"
Me not having a clue what he meant by that said "business plan...........make the most money for the least effort"
I wish i had remembered those words more often but i do well as i am.
I also wish he had asked me about an insurance plan as my body is on the road out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
I
No your fine just make sure there registered...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back