Getting closer to becoming a plumber hopefully, requesting more advice | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Getting closer to becoming a plumber hopefully, requesting more advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ash , dont hold me to this as im not part p myself or 17th , booked in at the end of march but i THINK <<<<< STRESS THE WORD THINK you would be ok with just part p , buzt i would check for yourself

Thanks i'll check it out!

the thing is though with 17th you can rewire a house you can't with part p i think

the thing is though with 17th you can rewire a house you can't with part p i think

The way it looks I will be doing the courses around summer time so I have everything sorted when I leave the army. I will spend some time tonight reading up on each one. Will keep this thread updated with what courses I do.

Nat - in answer to your question I think having Level 2 NVQ (or having registered to undertake it) is a fairly new requirement c. Last 12 months or so

I was told you had to have at least NVQ level 2 before I did my CCN1 and that was about 3 years ago I was told that.

Get all your advertising in order, before chucking the Army. Suggest putting a few newspaper ads a few weeks before you come out of the Army to see what response you get. Anyone who calls, tell them that you are really busy and will pop round in a few weeks!

Try Serif Pageplus and Serif Webplus to save a fortune in design for print and for easy to design websites.

www.serif.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Get all your advertising in order, before chucking the Army. Suggest putting a few newspaper ads a few weeks before you come out of the Army to see what response you get. Anyone who calls, tell them that you are really busy and will pop round in a few weeks!

Try Serif Pageplus and Serif Webplus to save a fortune in design for print and for easy to design websites.

www.serif.com

Great idea! thanks

Also one of the best things ANY self employed person could do is to enrol in a weekend or short course for a few hours a week in their local college doing marketing and design. Im qualified in graphic design and do all my own marketing and I'm glad I did.

That sounds like a good idea also. What costs would I be looking at for something like that?

That sounds like a good idea also. What costs would I be looking at for something like that?
Mines was a 3 year HND course as I had a printing and design firm as well as plumbing. Most colleges hold vocational courses and you should contact a few of them for a prospectus telling them you're interested in marketing and design. Won't cost a fortune and it will pay for itself many times over!

Mines was a 3 year HND course as I had a printing and design firm as well as plumbing. Most colleges hold vocational courses and you should contact a few of them for a prospectus telling them you're interested in marketing and design. Won't cost a fortune and it will pay for itself many times over!

or speak nicley to system

I'll be putting a few templates of leaflets, business cards, letterheads and invoices on the forum later on in the year, when work gets a bit less hectic. Until then I recommend Serif Pageplus for novices in design.

All useful advice! Thanks. I have so much I have to do but luckily I still have time on my side, just need to prioritise now and things should hopefully work out. Once I have sorted extra qualifications, advertising, van etc it's just the small matter of actually booking jobs in and hoping for the best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My pleasure bud i just keep plenty of water on...
Replies
Views
M
Thanks, everyone for the honest advices and...
Replies
Views
Michael Conway
M
Good I am looking for a work shadowing...
Replies
Views
Back