Grundfos pump making unusual sound/boiler not coming on | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grundfos pump making unusual sound/boiler not coming on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Agree, I have 10 rads (no balancing), OV system, on a 4.4M PP setting (Wilo Yonos Pico) which gives ~ 14LPM @ 3.2M.
The UPS3 flows 18.3LPM @ 6.3M on CCIII & 18.3LPM @ 5.0M on CCII.

As a matter of interest what model Grundfos do you have?.
Hi John

So it seems that you were correct when you deduced that it was most likely a faulty pump back in post #32! Just a pity that it took our guy so long to concur and change it.

He replaced the pump and rebalanced the upstairs rads 2 days ago. He left it running on CCIII.

The pump was near silent running in CCIII and there was no vibration or resonating in the system.

Yesterday we tried CCII and that works perfectly as well.

We have set the TRVs between 2 & 3 and the boiler to 3.5.

All radiators are hot (top to bottom, corner to corner) within 20 minutes.

Boiler is running smoothly and quietly. We can’t remember the system ever running as quietly as it is now.

Once again thank you so much for all your help with this. I have learnt so much from you, which was an invaluable help in arguing the case for it being a faulty pump.

That's great to hear.
You could also run it on CPII which gives 95% of CCII flowrate and will save a extra bit of energy when the TRV's start throttling in. Unfortunately, the PP settings which were primarily designed for TRV operation are practically useless on this pump as they are too low except that you have very large flow and return manifolds but I suppose no harm in trying, its only a button push. IMO the DAB Evosta3 is a far better choice ( Ithink, made or owned by Grundfos) as not only has it higher PP settings but also displays the pump head and flow rate.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Back