HALL of LEGENDS photo gallery. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HALL of LEGENDS photo gallery. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic block?
Water section manifold. Glowworm call it the sanitary block often referred to as the hydroblock or similar. Worcestors are plastic nowadays as are Glowworm and I beleive the new logics. Without the mini expansion vessel the plastic tends to warp/split and **** water out everywhere.

Water section manifold. Glowworm call it the sanitary block often referred to as the hydroblock or similar. Worcestors are plastic nowadays as are Glowworm and I beleive the new logics. Without the mini expansion vessel the plastic tends to warp/split and **** water out everywhere.
The filling loop?

Nope. The whole water section of the boiler. Combis
Oh ok... Weird as my firm mainly fit Worcesters and I've never seen the pressure vessel being fitted... Will have to do some research.. Cheers kay-jay

Really? I wouldn't be allowed in a lot of houses without them lol!

Working for mates on a building site . Most of the mess was his. It was scarcasm. I have very good sheets runners mats and adhesive protection.

The tile of the day.

totd.jpg

You should if there's a water meter or your fitting a boiler with plastic block. Worcestors need em

Only if there's a check valve within 2 meters or something like that I thought... Iv never seen one fitted to any boiler but the one in your pic :)

kay jay Maybe not but i bet you have seen many worcesters with split plastic water sections peeing water everywhere?[/QUOTE said:
Ha, no I haven't seen any of them either... It's handy to know a lil shock arrestor would help if I do come across one tho.

Ha, no I haven't seen any of them either... It's handy to know a lil shock arrestor would help if I do come across one tho.

Shock arrestors are used to prevent water hammer. Water hammer is caused by shock waves running through the water system which create noise, or in server cases pipe movement within the system, reverberations are a series of shock waves in quick succession. The pressure wave in such circumstances can be up to three times greater than the standing pressure. Water hammer occurs when the flow rate is suddenly changed e.g. when a valve is quickly closed; quarter turn lever operated taps or solenoid valves are two of the main culprits. Reverberations occur when system components have moving parts, which respond to an initial shock wave by trying to open or close. Shock arrestor is a mini expansion vessel, which works by absorbing the shock wave from the fitting so that it does not travel through the system and cause noise. The closer the shock arrestor is installed to the fitting the better.

whats with the double clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct aslong as you can tape the other hose...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Mcalpine sk1 or sk2 is what you need
Replies
Views
Please Help! Whats The Latest Gas Textbook for...
Replies
Views
Back