HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Wasn't this allowed back in the day though?

I've got plenty of pictures. I'll start with these. Customer complaint about standard of workmanship. Yes that is the rear of the boiler in the second picture, the original installer didn't bother blocking up before he hung the boiler. It took two of us two days to put the install right, we had to repipe the entire heating system and run a new gas supply as he'd used the original undersized 15mm for a 30Kw combi.

IMAGE_507.jpgIMAGE_508.jpgIMAGE_520.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0178.jpg
    100_0178.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6,658
ive just had a bit of a spat for using orignal 15mm on a install , i apprecaite you can get 15mm fed boilers but they were adminat on a baxi which is 22mm. it was on a listed building and was impossible to run 22 so i rang baxi whos advise was fit the duo-tec and gas rate etc if its within MI`s then its ok.

While I'm on a roll. Called to a job, new boiler with vertical flue. Water ingress had destroyed the pcb. Manufacturer declined to repair, put it down to faulty flue joints. I attended and checked the flue, all fine. I then noticed a joint in the tubing coming from the condense pump. When I filled the pump with water it turned on and water sprayed out of the joint. Investigation revealed that the tubing had been joined with a biro casing. This may have worked had the installer not left the pointed end on and left this pointing towards the pump. It's no wonder it leaked trying to pump through a hole a couple of mm across.

86 Pankhurst 001.jpg86 Pankhurst 002.jpg

While I'm on a roll. Called to a job, new boiler with vertical flue. Water ingress had destroyed the pcb. Manufacturer declined to repair, put it down to faulty flue joints. I attended and checked the flue, all fine. I then noticed a joint in the tubing coming from the condense pump. When I filled the pump with water it turned on and water sprayed out of the joint. Investigation revealed that the tubing had been joined with a biro casing. This may have worked had the installer not left the pointed end on and left this pointing towards the pump. It's no wonder it leaked trying to pump through a hole a couple of mm across.

View attachment 5023View attachment 5024
haha that made me chuckle if he didnt een thik tto cut the end dowm to make bigger opening not that that would make it right in any way just shows his lack of braincells haha

death trap 001.jpgdeath trap 002.jpgdeath trap 003.jpggot asked to do a LGSC on this messdeath trap 004.jpg yes there are 2 90 degree bends on the flue,and no ventilation and signs of spillage it failed a flue flow as well poured out of the roof i replaced it with a performa 30 he combi you may recognize the photos from the GSR mag

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
Back