HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

This is not so much a dodgy install but a case of dodgy engineers failing to spot a problem. 13 engiineers had been to the job prior to my visit and caused all sorts of problems trying to find the cause of the overflow on the header tank. Either no one else had noticed the drip coming from the open vent with the system off or hadn't realised its significance. The cold water storage cistern was at a higher level than the header tank and it was obviously a split coil causing the problem. The pump had been moved, the primaries upgraded, a bypass put in complete with various leaks through the ceiling in attempts to solve the problem.This had been going on for 15 months and we had to repaint the side of the custards house due to the brown staining from the continuous overflowing.

CQ9R0227.jpg

That gas meter must have been a joke?!

As for the cooker, looks like someone set it on fire and it's been doused in water to put it out - they were obviously too lazy to then clean it up!

Gas suppliers were informed :) Amazingly it wasn't letting by or leaking!!

Gas gate vales are ok on commercial. Must be special ones thou

I had to ring Heat Team about this as I had never come across something like this before. They confirmed that you can have a maximum of 5 meters drop on the flue, taking off a meter per elbow. So this is actually ok. But my god does it look dodgy!

DSC_2674.jpg

This might be ok, I didn't actually go to this property I just noticed it on my travels and took a pic.

DSC_2553.jpg

I had to ring Heat Team about this as I had never come across something like this before. They confirmed that you can have a maximum of 5 meters drop on the flue, taking off a meter per elbow. So this is actually ok. But my god does it look dodgy!

DSC_2674.jpg

This might be ok, I didn't actually go to this property I just noticed it on my travels and took a pic.

DSC_2553.jpg
tell you what looks iffy to me thats a standard efficiency performa with what appears to be a high efficiency plume kit

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
Back