HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

One from a few months back. Install a few weeks old. Custard complained boiler not working properly, warranty company attended said system needed flush, vent wrong. I attended system perfectly clean, boiler locking out due to condense rising to soil under bath. Saw 2 bends above boiler (worcester so 2m equivalent each) with vertical flue. Checking in loft revealed another 2 45s, no screws on joints, insufficient brackets. Max vertical on a worcester is 6.4, this was equivalent t oabout 9.5 in total. Made even worse when I touched the flue in the airing cupboard and the flue fell apart. ID boiler spend rest of day chasing flue parts and re-doing to give correct length.
CQ9R2024.jpgCQ9R2025.jpgCQ9R2032.jpg

Flue set at such a steep angle that it was straining the elbow. Flue should have been set horizontal. Looked like it was done because the flue hole was drilled too high. CQ9R7699.jpg

reported as boiler wonky and making good not to standard. I actually had to resite the boiler back on the outside wall where the original had been because the custard couldn't reach the controls and the installer relocated the boiler without authority.
CQ9R7792.jpgCQ9R7793.jpg

Dfe fire DIY fitted by previous owner of property. Yes that is the flue termination. Apparently ID by BG before sale but previous owner told new owner that faults had been rectified.
flue 002.jpgflue 007.jpg

Classy microbore pipework to new hall rad. The custard got her stick caught in the pipework and had a fall. If you look closely at the last pic you can just make out the two ends are joined togather. A rad was removed and the old pipes left like this.
Hall rad 1.jpgHall rad 4.jpgLounge 1.jpglounge 4.jpg

Complaints of squeaking pipes, the pipes were so tight through the joist that I had to drill them out. External making good left a lot to be desired.
IMAGE_600.jpgIMAGE_601.jpg

well im glad i dont live in hastings lmao

Id like to come out with you mike for a week some of the stuff you find

I've got a reputation for sorting out other peoples messes so I used to get sent out to this sort of stuff a lot. I got pulled off installs and put on remedials at the end of July and carried on with them until my redundancy on the 16th December. I'm hoping to see less of it now I'm back on my own but today's gas farce doesn't bode well for the future.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
Back