has anyone out there come across a worse boiler than the ideal isar | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss has anyone out there come across a worse boiler than the ideal isar in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
they wouldn't come out to us when I commissioned 40 in Portsmouth they sent an incredibly detailed manual which you had to follow before they would come out one day I will scan the manual and convert it to pdf it would do a service to new engineers as it is very detailed

They wouldn't have been for spectrum housing association (western challenge) would they.

don't know which housing assoc took them on think the blocks were either down near fratton or at cosham interchange me marbles have gone yet as croppie says their commercial is fine

western challenge rings a bell my minds scarred anyway the first day I was there I remember seeing a young lady squatting in the underpass doing something unpleasant her mates (the lookouts) just laughed as I walked past her it fratton looks just like kings x its like someone tried to chuck it in the sea and didn't quite manage it

Heatline Vizo, infact anything by Heatline. The current generation of HE Ferrolis. Anything with a Halstead badge. Chaffoteaux Brittony Combi.

I notice when I rang ideal last it said do you require technical for Keston or Ideal, so would not surprise me if Keston are rubbish too if ideal have anything to do with it!

Ideal bought Keston in 2006

[DLMURL="http://www.bsee.co.uk/news/archivestory.php/aid/3776/Ideal_Stelrad_acquires_Keston_Boilers.html"]Ideal Stelrad acquires Keston Boilers - BSEE - Building Services and Environmental Engineer[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true
What do you think is a good oil boiler then mate

The problem I have with Grants is that all the ones I go to are leaking like sieves. Too many to be a coincidence.

I like worcesters, prefer the old ones though.

I don't have a problem with warmflows.

I don't like the Firebirds, same issue as the Grants.

I'm not a fan of Trianco.

and I hate the Grandee. But that's probably to do with the one I look after that's fitted upstairs in a bungalow and is that close to the floor it's always a chew to drop out the burner.

All just my personal preference.

The problem I have with Grants is that all the ones I go to are leaking like sieves. Too many to be a coincidence.

I like worcesters, prefer the old ones though.

I don't have a problem with warmflows.

I don't like the Firebirds, same issue as the Grants.

I'm not a fan of Trianco.

and I hate the Grandee. But that's probably to do with the one I look after that's fitted upstairs in a bungalow and is that close to the floor it's always a chew to drop out the burner.

All just my personal preference.

Worcesters not bad warmflow cheat tat lol
And again grant best by far
What leak on them only ever had one that leaked from condensate internally and rotted steel in 3 years
Apart from that fitted lots and lots or euro flame and vortex without any problems

Worcesters not bad warmflow cheat tat lol
And again grant best by far
What leak on them only ever had one that leaked from condensate internally and rotted steel in 3 years
Apart from that fitted lots and lots or euro flame and vortex without any problems

Filling loop, pressure sensor, pump valves, caleffi vents, prv, aav's

Biasi activa, heatline, saunier-duval, Ariston micro/euro combi, any alpha, any sime, feck it, I'm glad I'm going back to the big stuff soon! :smilewinkgrin:

Halstead and Pro Combi don't seem to have had a mention, but I would put these alongside the Heatline and Ideal Isar as just about the worst ever! Did you know that the Pro Combi (when they were made by Ferroli) had a weak latent heat exchanger, and that they cost almost as much for the part as for a new boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

clean the lead from the control panel to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back