has anyone out there come across a worse boiler than the ideal isar | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss has anyone out there come across a worse boiler than the ideal isar in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't include pro combi as they're not actually a boiler manufacturer. Just a rebadged ferrolli/vokera/ideal.

How about a couple of dogs of yesteryear?

There was a member posting a while ago about their Myson Midas combi. I couldn't believe that there was one still working - most of them packed up before the van got to the end of the road.

Or the truly dreadful Glowworm Fuelsaver combi? Not so much designed as chucked together in a garden shed out of leftover parts.

How about the Ideal Classic Combi 280. Basically and Ideal classic with a combi module bodged onto it.

glowworm energy saver. I have never had a boiler so consistently send the CO readings off the scale on my analyser, every one I go to is terrible.

Prob just ignition or flame sensing electrodes burglered, I keep them as van stock.

turns out the condensate drain pipework was blocked, first vist pressed reset and all ran ok, as water had drained away! 2nd call back and it was booming away so flipped off the fan and burner to check insulation panels etc, no probs, then it only boomed on start up ?? so had a think, check condensate drain and it 1/4 filled a washing up bowl, so blew through pipe to clear out the bacon fm the sink trap and everything drained properly, and she started up and ran like a dream. Cant blame the boiler this time just the installer and his poor idea of condensate drains working in combination with a sink, wm AND dw AND ALL THE CRUD INVOLVED!

turns out the condensate drain pipework was blocked, first vist pressed reset and all ran ok, as water had drained away! 2nd call back and it was booming away so flipped off the fan and burner to check insulation panels etc, no probs, then it only boomed on start up ?? so had a think, check condensate drain and it 1/4 filled a washing up bowl, so blew through pipe to clear out the bacon fm the sink trap and everything drained properly, and she started up and ran like a dream. Cant blame the boiler this time just the installer and his poor idea of condensate drains working in combination with a sink, wm AND dw AND ALL THE CRUD INVOLVED!

Same last week but tea leafs not bacon horrid!

Trisave Turbo FS Condensing Boiler - all it did was generate an aluminium mush for you to clean out to make it work again.........
Hmmm... come to think of it, thats what the the Chaffoteaux Celtic was but its problem was that it was a sludgemaker!

Anything with a Halstead badge

Was about to say that no body had mentioned Halstead yet, great British engineering!!

Aren't the new Heatlines supposed to be a 1/4 decent for the money now that they are part of the Vaillant group?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find anything that is part of the Vaillant group has a mixture of the original brands bad parts and Vaillants bad parts! Heatline's parts are ridiculously expensive. I took out a Vizo 24 the other day and stripped it completely of working parts before I binned it!

icos with an LF fault code, just got a call 5 mins ago for tommorrow!

Never seen a fault code on an Icos. The ones I see are always completely dead. Didn't realise that the transformer lasted long enough for anything else to go wrong.

To be fair though, Ideal have at least recognised the error of their ways. The Logic + is a cracking piece of kit. (Yes, that is a 'K'!). Installed loads - had just one go wrong and ideal fixed it quickly and without a murmur.

Seeing the name 'Potterton Envoy' brought back nightmares. Their early combis were just as bad.

No-one seems to have had problems with Viessmann?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

clean the lead from the control panel to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back