Head scratcher | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably have to do a bit re-piping to cure it.

Ha ha they Will love that! Pipes enter the house from the garage behind wall to wall fitted wardrobe and kitchen units ....

The noise is localized to the first section of 8mm. Will repiping this section in 15 mm not just move the noise further along the pipe run? Will it all need repiping to remove the 8mm completely.

Seems a strange one. Have seen many similar sized systems on 8mm without this problem..

have you thought it might be the trv try putting an ordinary rad valve on or it could be the radiator are there any radiators of the same size in the house you could maybe swap over to eliminate faulty radiator

not knowing what type of pump is in the boiler can you turn the speed of the pump down to 2 or 1 to see if the noise reduces at least then you'll know for sure if its high water velocity/turbulence. would repiping with sweeping bends insteads of elbows make a difference.

What size is the pipe work out of the boiler ? Is the main run in 22 and then down to 8 to each radiator ? Tamz knows all the answers :)

not knowing what type of pump is in the boiler can you turn the speed of the pump down to 2 or 1 to see if the noise reduces at least then you'll know for sure if its high water velocity/turbulence. would repiping with sweeping bends insteads of elbows make a difference.

Will try turning pump down a notch. Would have thought that Pipes with fewer elbows would increase the velocity

My thoughts were sweeping bends causing less friction and turbulence with the effect being less noise. please correct me if my thoughts are wrong im not as experienced as most people on here.

sounds like to much water flow trough too small a pipe bet rad thats effected is to close to the boiler if its got a trv try taking the head off see if the noise go,s

sounds like to much water flow trough too small a pipe bet rad thats effected is to close to the boiler if its got a trv try taking the head off see if the noise go,s

It is close to the boiler though

i hate when tamz gets the answer out after looking through loads of posts, as he said flow noise on restricted pipes due to poor sizing, get the old text books out team.

All learned at the school of hard knocks LP.
If there is a fk up to be one i've probably done it and learned from it by finding out the why usually through smarter heads than me :wink:

think i would start by turning all the rads of bar the furthest and see if noise is still present if it is just to be sure do same with a different rad open that more or less confirms its pipework problem if the noise isnt there open rads singly till it does start again which might at least rule out valves or locate which branch is noisey

Had a similar problem a while back that turned out to be old trvs. System got hot one or more trvs would shut down and all hell broke loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be fair, it depends on how the bathrooms...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only other items that may cause noise are the...
Replies
Views
Back