help with pricing to install new radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with pricing to install new radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi was only a question seemed to upset people and never would have thought about the abuse from people.
Expected someone to say that price doesnt seem wrong and would normally charge £50 an hour

You may be suffering from a part timer, who thinks it will take him all day ( and itprobably will) . Whereas a proper plumber would do it quicker and better and quite possibly cheaper - to us it’s a simple job - he is probably unsure and erring on side of safety

Hi was only a question seemed to upset people and never would have thought about the abuse from people.
Expected someone to say that price doesnt seem wrong and would normally charge £50 an hour
Not upset at all this end. Just trying to help you see our side of things. As I hope I said, it could be over the odds if it turns out to be very straightforward, but very hard to say without seeing the job, so best bet is compare other plumbers if you are concerned.

If you go on the Rated People website, you'll see that an average cost for fitting a radiator is £160, excluding the radiator and valves and this price is based on an average price quoted by 50 different plumbing firms. However in my price, I include pipework and fittings.
A radiator install can take around 4 hours to add to an existing heating system. The system has to be drained, the radiator fitted and new connections adapted to the old pipework, which is often 8mm microbore, the system then has to be refilled and every radiator in the house bled of air, plus as it's been drained, new inhibitor has to be added. If the boiler is old, problems often occur in getting it to fire up again after being drained and more often than not the pump will be a pain in the erse too.
A rad install is far from being a quick and easy job.

Nothing wrong with that price at all.
That’s what I think. Imagine lifting floor boards putting pipes in , draining and filling system. What type of system will it be, sealed or opene vent, air locks or no air locks. Is the room empty to work in or do I need to shift all the stuff around. Nothing wrong with asking people for some quotes but wrong to judge about us plumbers for being apparently rich.

Similar plumbing topics

Well that's true. It's easy to sit here...
Replies
Views
I know it’s a bit drastic can you cap off the...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
Back