High efficiency gas fires | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss High efficiency gas fires in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can offer my plumber some baby oil if you want :)

Good tip though, thanks. I assume this is before first heat ?

I do know that gloves are supplied for handling the surround when fitting

Yes, before use. They use it on oven doors etc, so should work for you.

Evening all

Here is the just gone 20 past 10 news

My liner doesn't work !

Good night

Seriously, after capping my gas, the plumber lit a smoke pellet and we didn't get any smoke out of the chimney

None inside either which is good I suppose, but I SWEAR I could smell the pellet in my attic if you can actually smell these things

Can anyone on here recommend anyone to do an inspection (I'm in Leeds) or does anyone on here do them ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad Ermintrude likes this - shame its not enough to 'pop over' and sort me out (so to speak)

I've just arranged a sweep (until this morning, I didn't even know a liner needed sweeping !) for the 15th of October so will let you know if you're interested

Much cheaper than I thought as well, £45 for sweep, test and hopefully a certificate

I'm glad Ermintrude likes this - shame its not enough to 'pop over' and sort me out (so to speak)

I've just arranged a sweep (until this morning, I didn't even know a liner needed sweeping !) for the 15th of October so will let you know if you're interested

Much cheaper than I thought as well, £45 for sweep, test and hopefully a certificate

Baby oil and "Pop over and sort me out." on the same thread...heavens:)

Is it still the original liner? It shoul be replaced if connecting it to a new appliance unless you can guarantee that it will last as long as the appliance it self which would involve removing and inspecting it but chances are it will unravel as your pulling it out.

And yes you can smell smoke pellets so I would say your liner has had it.

Is it still the original liner? It shoul be replaced if connecting it to a new appliance unless you can guarantee that it will last as long as the appliance it self which would involve removing and inspecting it but chances are it will unravel as your pulling it out.

And yes you can smell smoke pellets so I would say your liner has had it.

That sounds like sensible advice so I will investigate but I'm guessing this will cost slightly more than £45 :sad:

Liners only have 10/15 year life span. So old bbu to fire = new liner.

That sounds like sensible advice so I will investigate but I'm guessing this will cost slightly more than £45 :sad:

Probably but you can't put a price on being safe and my way of looking at it is if you are going to do something do it right first time.

Well woop de woop

Rather clean chimney sweep came round today and has pronounced this safe - we got plenty of smoke from his test (all in the right place)

Great, so can now rebuild that tat that somebody's mum calls infill and get the fire fitted

I reckon I'll be older by the time I get this fire lit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Some Gazco fires have the pressure test elbow...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Yes, all that was in place. Just had no idea...
Replies
Views
Depends on the size of the builders opening...
Replies
Views
Back