Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 30 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter REDSAW
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 190K

Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgMe too

8e5ysyhe.jpg

I knew you'd all catch on eventually. You should have a non return and isolator on them really though folks.

P.s. this sprayer is about £6 at stax.

is this quicker than drainging a small amount of water from a towel rail, then topping up with chemicals??

keep your van tidy!!! save lots of time looking for tools and parts (AKA my mentor)

is this quicker than drainging a small amount of water from a towel rail, then topping up with chemicals??

There isn't always a towel rail.

Yes it's pretty darn quick. Not as quick as the Fernox F1 cans, but not far off.

invest in a listening stick, can help locate partial blockages. open all lockshields and trvs etc full then go round accessible pipework putting the stick on it. you usually get louder velocity noise in the local of a restriction.

invest in a listening stick, can help locate partial blockages. open all lockshields and trvs etc full then go round accessible pipework putting the stick on it. you usually get louder velocity noise in the local of a restriction.
pls post a link

Clean up after you've finished a job, even if the lady or gent of the house says it's fine.!!!

Check that all controls etc. are working before you start a job so that you don't get stitched up when they don't work afterwards.

Those of us of a certain age will remember from early childhood that to get milk from a tin it is necessary to make two holes so air gets in as milk comes out. Working on closed heating systems, once pressure is released, this principle has numerous applications:- Radiators can be drained by fixing hose to remote drain off and then opening air vent at radiator, Rad valves can be changed one at a time without drain down, inhibitor can be added by siphon and the replacement of air faulty air valves etc. is a doddle.

When called to deal with blocked sink always replace the bottle trap. The client will perceive more value in the replacement than the one minute it takes to clean the existing and the husband will not be embarrassed for not having done it himself.

When called to deal with blocked sink always replace the bottle trap. The client will perceive more value in the replacement than the one minute it takes to clean the existing and the husband will not be embarrassed for not having done it himself.
Are you suggesting that the bottle trap should be replaced with another bottle or replaced with a tubular trap, because the sink is blocked ?

Not commenting on merits of traps but on clients perception of value. People who would not get out of bed for less than £500.00 per day begrudge paying us half that sum to cover our costs and wages. Won't even comment on pensions and holidays.

probs been covered before but when fitting for customers who know your job 10 times over mark the fittings with illumines pens the ones the require blue light to see then you can see that they have taken the trap off and put it back on and then for some strange reason its threaded and leaking just saved a bit of agro!

McAlpine make a 20mm plastic compression union, keep a few on the van. These are invaluable for repairs to overflow or condensate pipes as they will take the slightly bigger and slightly smaller variants of pipe.

A temporary fix for a faulty expansion vessel: drain and refill the system and bleed all radiators except 1 this radiator will act as a temporary expansion vessel

And it will work even better if you stop the flow through this radiator - i.e. close one (and only one) of the two valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Article
Compex EX 04 fail Hi. I’m new to the Forum...
Replies
Views
Jackson123
J
  • Question
I have some 3 and 4 port valves from them and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Back