hot water coming into cistern | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

mrplumberman

i,ve just fitted a new toilet.when you flush the loo the boiler fires up.any ideas?
as the guy is going nuts.

Have you tiled everything in?

Bath panel?

You say the basin is tiled in?

I mean, while fitting the bathroom you or someone must have noticed the toilet cistern was hot while you were there and before it was all tiled.

I'm confused....

Last edited:
is it possible that the cwsc feeds the woman down stairs as she said she has no water in her bathroom now.since we renovated the guys bathroom.possibly another job to do.so i should hold syphon open to see if boiler fires up?

Probably fairly easy to diagnose if you're in the bathroom, providing the customer isn't stood over you and not saying anything. I mean whats all that about.? I'm too polite to tell them to 'do one'

I had to tell a customer off recently though, I was there ages fiddling with a shower valve that another guy had not been able to put back together, she stood over over me with a right attitude. Talk about putting me off, she then had the cheek to say "if you couldn't fix it why didn't you say you could on the phone?" I lost my cool and told her I couldn't fix it while you were on my back. She went downstairs and 5 mins later I'd fixed it.

All I needed was some breathing room, unbelievable.

Bye the sounds of this saga you have cocked right up but the only saving grace you may have is if you have mixed all hot and colds up you can cross at boiler if not get ready to start ripping up tiles and sort it would you pay if it was done in your house don't think so

Bye the sounds of this saga you have cocked right up but the only saving grace you may have is if you have mixed all hot and colds up you can cross at boiler if not get ready to start ripping up tiles and sort it would you pay if it was done in your house don't think so

If it came to the bit and ya had to rip bathroom apart, where would you stand with insurance??

This reminds me of advice given to me by my ex boss when I'd screwed up big on a job. He took me to one side and said, "At the end of this year are you going to look back and say that was the job that ruined me? If the answer to that is no then you've just simply got to grin and bear it - get on with it, do whatever it takes to sort it out, leave everyone as happy as possible and move on."

This reminds me of advice given to me by my ex boss when I'd screwed up big on a job. He took me to one side and said, "At the end of this year are you going to look back and say that was the job that ruined me? If the answer to that is no then you've just simply got to grin and bear it - get on with it, do whatever it takes to sort it out, leave everyone as happy as possible and move on."

Now that's good advice

i,ve never had this happen before.and iaint running mate as the guy owes me doh.if i swap pipes at the boiler and washing machine would that sort it?

without knowing the piping layout then we couldn't possibly say, well i couldn't anyways, You metioned electric shower earlier in thread and i've asked a couple times does combi fire up when in use and still awaiting an answer

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I've just had installed a rimless Rak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks... I certainly wouldn't want to move...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those float valves are easily serviceable and...
Replies
Views
Back