hot water coming into cistern | Bathroom Advice | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

mrplumberman

i,ve just fitted a new toilet.when you flush the loo the boiler fires up.any ideas?
as the guy is going nuts.

Crossing feeds is easy. Everyone has done it. Luckily I've so far noticed when I run the taps or fill the loo before tiling begins. It pays to be a bit paranoid in plumbing. Check everything repeatedly, all the time. Suspect everything, every noise. Work on the assumption that every inanimate object is out to ruin your day and you should be ok.

Crossing feeds is easy. Everyone has done it. Luckily I've so far noticed when I run the taps or fill the loo before tiling begins. It pays to be a bit paranoid in plumbing. Check everything repeatedly, all the time. Suspect everything, every noise. Work on the assumption that every inanimate object is out to ruin your day and you should be ok.

agree totally

Good advice
Its best to check and double check then check again to be sure only takes 5 mins

flats often share tanks - bit remiss not to check

you may be able to sort out his prob (or divest yourself of responsibility) with relative ease - if it's just crossed feeds i'm sure something can be done. but re-instating the CWSC to the lady downstairs could be a bigger faff.

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

I seen other thread but didn't pick up on the different boilers lol

Has to be a stitch up...

The guy is too vague on the details, he has to be taking the ....

Any plumber should know how to fix it, find the point of connection and swap the pipes round, simples.

If you are gen, my advice is too take protection... Maybe a taser incase the guy goes mad

Last edited by a moderator:
If this isn't some kind of wind-up may i suggest next time you take on a jog like this that you go buy yerself a couple of rolls of insulting tape, one red and one blue and mark each pipe accordingly
(by this i mean red on the hot and blue on the cold) this should help avoid any confusion and consequently the nightmare situation you now find yourself in. And if i were you i'd forget about crossing any pipes at the boiler, dont want the w/c filling with gas do we?

I have only just seen this thread.
I just had a quick look back through the answers and I cannot find any confirmation that the pipes are crossed?
Does the wc fill with hot? or does it just fire the boiler when flushed?

If it only fires the boiler, isolate the cold mains to the boiler and try again, Does it still fire up?

What I was thinking is the cold mains pressure is very low and the wc is then flushed there could be enough movement in the pipework to make the boiler flow switch?

As for downstairs loosing water, I would guess at shared tank and you have cut off their supply.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I've just had installed a rimless Rak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks... I certainly wouldn't want to move...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those float valves are easily serviceable and...
Replies
Views
Back