How do you apply your flux? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 10 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do you apply your flux? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
power flow will clean very oxidized copper with no problems at all, id trust it over laco if you can get the fitting on.

power flow will clean very oxidized copper with no problems at all, id trust it over laco if you can get the fitting on.

Getting the fitting on is half the battle with powerflow :)
And 90% of the battle if you want it on full slip....:)

Interesting..I clean the pipe using a pipe cleaner; with a small brush apply flux to the pipe only and twist the fitting a few times...works for me.

At times apply it with my finger....much to the disapproval of the missus !

frabz-How-do-you-apply-your-flux-Properly-Not-Properly-Think-They-Do-I-642dc8.png

*Runs away*

I used to do fitting only. But this pushes flux into the pipe/fitting & contaminates the central heating system/hot/cold pipe work, mixer valves, so forth, if your on a big project & pipe work is going to remain dry for considerable time it will start to degrade the pipe work internally, ie verdigris, & can be quite a pain when you keep greeting green particles floating in your basin bath water, I know your supposed to flush everything through but that don't always happen. So it only goes on the pipe now

Wow this thread's still running ....& I keep coming back to read the latest lol

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Tried Powerflux but it just sits on the van now.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Gonna need the tools. The joint is made with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Conclusion: I stuck a strip of painting tape...
Replies
Views
Tank if forty years old so think it's out of...
Replies
Views
Back