How do you spot time wasters? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do you spot time wasters? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you any modelling experience?

I've experienced being in a photograph taken by a person. Pretty sure that's all there is to it. But nobody wants to look at a 'Joe Puke-Pale' as Mo the bartender referred to himself once.

I did actually genuinely receive this message a couple of weeks ago:

11013028_10153152378235897_7905144845154811495_n.jpg

9 out of 10 people like gang rape

THIS is a timewaster, bearing in mind we have already itemised each of the 4 main work areas by labour and materials. Now she wants a shopping list so she can go and get everything herself: -

Hi Kieran thank you for the quote but have found it hard to follow.

Looking at the cost of the underfloor heating it is quite expensive and therefore would like to know how much it would be for just
1. Ground floor - stating cost of the system (insulation will be down but need price for fitting pipes) and labour

Then can you cost each part of the job:
eg Cost of Air Source Heat Pump, then materials and labour costs for fitting etc
eg Usual plumbing works for new build etc

By doing this I can then clearly see the cost for each area and decide what we can do now and what we might do in the future. Hope this is clear, if not either call or email me back.

Thank You

When people ask me to itemise a bill, I say no. ' the price will be the same'

And sometimes I'm tempted to ask them how much they earn a day.

I generally find that nearly , not all but most farmers waste your time, want it done for nothing, easiest way, "we will do all the holes thru the stone walls" etc , or its a "ive got an old one that I took out of a caranvan that I want fitting here" also hand one wanted a combi installed in a shed for hot water , told him "too much work running a flue etc" he replied "i don't want a flue fitted the shed is big enough to take the fumes".

Farmers...ha ha ha

"stick the boiler on that barn wall and if that pig says I shagged it, its a lying ba57ard"

I wouldn't have minded in my case but the quote was well over a page of typed A4 detailing all 4 aspects of the job.

Farmers sit in the third price category after cash and cheque. Add 100 on at the end, give him 50 off and he's like a pig in crap and you're still 50 up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Evohome is not the latest technology, but it...
Replies
Views
Back