Ideal Classic FF230 British Gas Declared boiler "At risk" | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Classic FF230 British Gas Declared boiler "At risk" in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have said it looks too close to the boundary if anything..

If your flue is wrong then every house in your block , poss the whole estate if built by same builder useing same boiler in same location Have a look at rest of houses near you bet their are loads just the same, have a estate in Saltash Cornwall about 8 years old non condensing boilers flues a lot closer then what yours are, all was passed by building reg's and gas regs at the time just not to currant requirements, not a problem as they complied with regs when fitted, it only becomes a problem if you want to fit a new boiler. Advise you ring Gas Safe on monday and ask them, its just BG think they are a law unto themselfs.

The flue is too close to the boundary. As for the high emissions, then it is for them to sort out as it is under contract and clearly something is wrong with the boiler. Call them out for a breakdown visit as your boiler isnt working and then it will be sent back to the engineer who visited you as a recall job.

Dont think boundary is a problem, just check and put a photo on of next door's boiler flue position is it the same as yours ???

bg...and people pay for this!!!!!!!!!.
every right to get the guy back and state in plain english what the probs are.

That's their back door and yes it is, my house is the mid terrace and so the neighbours flue on the other side is right next to our back door!

Hi Carlos_UK ... You should be covered under your contract for any work carried out to rectify the excess emissions issue. It's unfortunate the engineer didn't leave a print out for you! Why they went to the lengths they did is a mistery!!! Your lass smart? lol ....

If the emmissions were in excess of the regulation requirements we are obliged to make you aware and with your permission leave turned off :) If they haven't promised a return visit to rectify then I'd be a bit miffed!!!

Have you ask'd Ideal's opinion, ring them , we are allways told refer to MI.

Hi steve ! Are we the only one's to notice that this is-not a steamer ???????????

right, I've just phoned up British Gas and they're sending someone out in the morning "to have a look at it" so we'll see what they've got to say!

Hi steve ! Are we the only one's to notice that this is-not a steamer ???????????

Steamer lol .... The op probalby doesn't give stuff IMHO .. They're more concerned by sounds of it at the approach the BG engineer took leaving them with out heating and hot water! Good right too IMHO!

How cares if it's not steaming; the concern is POC.

Anyways, MI's should tell all.

arent they suppose to check this sort of stuff before they agree to accept you onto the scheme? i can understand the emissions but obv the flue hasnt moved while the op has been in the service scheme

if the flue is fitted to Manufactures instructions then there is no issues with either the window or boundary imo.

just looked at ideal classic mi's and theres no mention of a distance from boundary when running paralel to flue axis aftyer getting a high reading then stripping and cleaning if the reading was still high the gas rate and burner preasure should be checked as well as flame picture if all good it can be left on

BS 5400-1:2008 states 300mm from boundary so in that respect it is NCS.

As for the High combustion readings the classic flues are like tracing paper and the inner can rot through within a few years. Giving elevated readings.

Sound like the Engineer was out of his depth and made a sharp exit.

Do we know if BG engineer chacked burner press etc ? did he brush out EX ? or just FGA it !

BS 5400-1:2008 states 300mm from boundary so in that respect it is NCS.

Gas regs on most things are not retrospective which is why they class things as NCS which should really be classed as WGAF. It is a pointless paper exercise brought about by claims are us type stuff. CYA is what it is all about now.

As for the op, the guy on the job only done what was required to keep himself in a job. 99% of people on here would have done the same. It is the way things are these days especially working for the big mobs. Blame it on the claim culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Back