I'm An Engineer...................... | Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I'm An Engineer...................... in the Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems 50% of the morons asking for Gas advice try to justify it by saying "I'm an engineer" like that makes a difference. Sick of hearing it. They generally have a crap attitude tbh. My dad gets paid a fortune as an engineer (serious money) and wouldn't dream of doing his own plumbing, not only because there's better guys for the job, but also because he knows his time is a lot more valuable than theirs.

If you're earning more than the guy you're paying to do a job, why take time off to do it yourself?! Idiots.

This guy is gonna leave his family without heat for months, I have no doubt.

tb is telling him what he needs then telling him not to do it ?? lol

Was trying to convey how much work is involved to put him off. Does that not come across? Lol. Pretty sure he was gonna install 2 2port valves after his mid position.

Just read it, he sounded quite genuine to start with but crappy 'engineer' attitude has put me off. Wonder if he's retired?

Just read it, he sounded quite genuine to start with but crappy 'engineer' attitude has put me off. Wonder if he's retired?

Can't wait to get his updated post about why his heating won't shut off with room stat when he's only got 1 zone on. He's gonna up giving his old dear heatstroke!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Unless you hold his head underwater and use two big bricks on his knackers. Clang.

He's taking quite calm tho considering the response! I would've been banned by now if I was him!

It will be the 'well nobody on here knows what they are talking about as nobody has agreed with the way I'm going to do it' in a minute.

It's always the rich ones too. It always starts with, I've got a 27 radiator system.... Pay the money man!

It looks like he's been on before with an open vent problem.

Wait till he cuts himself on a bit of wire wool... He'll be sorry!!

He will be if he ends up like my mate Paul. Had to have his finger sliced down the middle and a tube inserted all way up his forearm. Damn near took his finger off actually.

He will be if he ends up like my mate Paul. Had to have his finger sliced down the middle and a tube inserted all way up his forearm. Damn near took his finger off actually.

Thanks for that just brought up my supper!

Half way through reading 'Richard's Project' thread of whatever it's called. I'm up to the bit where he says he has 19 rads, 19 RADS IN A BUNGALOW? Interesting read so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
Hello and welcome
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Back