Indirect system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Indirect system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
French horn lmao......see if i woulda been with phil today,that woulda made his day,takin micky outta me whilst lol watching me altering wc,dot worry i can take it lol,see you on next job lol........

Last edited by a moderator:
French horn lmao......see if i woulda been with phil today,that woulda made his day,takin mickey outta me whilst lol watching me altering wc,dot worry i can take it lol,see you on next job lol........

i look back at some of my jobs and think WTH was i thinking but, it was all learning and i would never do it ever again

as far as i can say is congratulations for completing the job on your own
well done for not having a leak
and top marks for making the waste work, they can be very diffucult to work with

keep up the good work
quality will come with experience ( not saying that what you done wasnt good)

I'm afrain I'm having to agree with some of the coments on here about the look of it but I'll also try and offer a bit of constructive criticism.

I'd say your main problem has been a lack of planning with the pipework. Instead of spending a bit of time working out how you're going to do it, it looks like you've rushed in and made it up as you go along.

With the toilet I would have used an end feed tap connector and two end feed elbows, possibly a street in the ballofix if necessary and just gone straight across. It would have been quicker and looked a lot tidier.

With the basin I would have used two 45 bends to step the waste back to the wall and run the outlet from the chrome bottle trap straight back.

i agree with mike, with a bit of thought you could have done things better so they were more pleasing on the eye.

And I'll agree with jts plumbing over 4 years and you think that's good come on guys

He may have been doin a little bit for 4 years. We prob do more in a week than ste b has done in that time

We've all gotten wet when we started

Give him a break

I know plumbers that have been doin it for 5 years. And they can't do a better job than that

And there's one in particular that is gas safe too!!!

Trouble with untidy plumbing on show is you will be judged by it. If I came to a house done like that, I would think, must be diyer, what else is done wrong, have they soldered right? etc. I tend to point out really ugly plumbing, or work liable to give trouble to the people.
Try to replace, hide pipes where possible.

Well what can you say, if some of you guys think that this standerd of work is acceptable for some-one who is C&G and been at for over 4 + years, then what are your standerds like ?? Yes we all have to learn and we all make mistakes, but in all honesty would you accept this in your own house ? and would you be happy to pay for it ?
Comment for philtheflush ! I would be more than happy to take Ste B out for some prectical experance if he lived in this area, as for your comment on leaveing collage knowing everything, well I did it the old way ! Apprenticeship in the 60s and gess what ? it was in Manchester. Autograph in post.

Jts plumbing and gray obviously have not read other post by me on here,i dont remeber saying i have been doing plumbingfor 4 years,i do agree with some comments,and will take on-board for next time,and mike thanks for the constructive critisism................

In fairness, you are man enough to show pictures of your work & take comments on it. Plus you didnt use plastic pipe plumbing like a lot would.

i nothing to hide best i learning,and i hate plastic,lol...........i not after a job from here,lol,just advice and thats exactly what i got,allready had an offer i cant refuse,so its all good...............

He may have been doin a little bit for 4 years. We prob do more in a week than ste b has done in that time

We've all gotten wet when we started

Give him a break

I know plumbers that have been doin it for 5 years. And they can't do a better job than that

And there's one in particular that is gas safe too!!!

I'm not disagreeing Simon but we kind of know when something don't just look right and I'm sorry that looks far from right it looked better on the before picture IMHO

ste b you seem to have a good attitude and are obviously keen to progress your skills and knowhow which imo is half the battle.

good luck mate,

i nothing to hide best i learning,and i hate plastic,lol...........i not after a job from here,lol,just advice and thats exactly what i got,allready had an offer i cant refuse,so its all good...............

I wish you the best of luck mate
My best advice is always look at the job and think would I be happy with that in my own house

jts you said it an apprentiship were are their apprentiships now. we all got to learn and if learning is by making mistakes well so be it but its a bit cruel asasinating some ones ability because its not as good as yours the biggest thing you lack when you leave college is confidence and by getting good advice helps with that because you have an idea of what youre going to face. anyway (1) is the plumbing different in manchester and (2) i hope you put a stamp on the envelope no hard feelings

ive got to say that pipe on the cistern dont half give me a laugh it looks like a water confuser which way is the water going good luck steve b

Hi Phil, sorry mate us old country boys dont earn enougth to buy stamps, not like you high flying city plumbers lol, Still think that ste b needs to spend some time with another plumber,to get some advise, may-be you could help if he is in your neck of the woods, Still Ive found some-one who bites very easey, may-be I can wind you up on next post, at least we can have a laugth about things, just my northern sense of humour.
:chillpill:

no worries i agree with you by the way im a taffy i live in caerphilly so hes abit far away but i guess a wind up keeps you on your toes

Cheers phil, did-not think the Welsh had a sense of humor, just large welly boots, are their any good looking sheep near you or are they all spoken for ?? any chance you could fix me up ?

Ste b.. Is that the right fixing for the basin , i fitted the same one and used basin bolts , yours looks like it tilting forward

The w/ c inlet looks a piece of art , a flexy tap con would have looked ok , all the best

jts said "Still Ive found some-one who bites very easey,"

One on every forum lol,which school did you say you went too lol,easy is easy,lol looking forward to your forum input.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you and from what my neighbours have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The hot is fed via either a communal cold...
Replies
Views
Back