injuries at work! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss injuries at work! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

K

kay-jay

i split my finger nail open the other day and blood sprayed all over the customers kettle,toaster and mug tree. hurt like hell at the time. now the nail has gone black and will probably fall off at some point. i find this kind of thing happens quite frequently as it goes with the job.

i got to wondering about injuries at work and would like to know what some of the more serious injuries you guys had picked up while working as a plumber

Angle grinder slipped whilst cutting a tile I was holding. Went through the end of my thumb, cut through my polo shirt and grazed my stomach, plenty of padding though and the polo shirt jammed the grinder before it got too deep. Plus I had my emergency first aid kit in my pocket (insulation tape) and a few wraps soon sorted me thumb out. No pain but plenty of claret.

Once knelt on a bit of 10mm rebar sticking out a floor cut at an angle
Punctured a hole in side of knee had to be pulled off was not nice lol

latest one for me was hacksawing an olive off a copper tail to do a re-valve, hacksaw slipped and went into my index finger, straight down the middle, sliced my fingernail in half most of the way and probaly hit the bone, little bit of kitchen roll and some insulation tape held it together for the rest of the day, all healed up now and yet another little scar to add to the million others on my hands and arms hehe.

I was working on a halstead best 50. boiler was high up in the kitchen so had my ladders out to reach it. The boiler wasn't working so I was having a good look giving it a once over. then the bloody thing decided to fire up. I had my finger resting on the APS and got the shock of my life i fell off the ladder and cut my arm open and had melting my ring finger. Was the single most horrible thing that has ever happend to me at work.

I was working on a halstead best 50. boiler was high up in the kitchen so had my ladders out to reach it. The boiler wasn't working so I was having a good look giving it a once over. then the bloody thing decided to fire up. I had my finger resting on the APS and got the shock of my life i fell off the ladder and cut my arm open and had melting my ring finger. Was the single most horrible thing that has ever happend to me at work.

got to be careful when using ladders,safety first

download

download

download

download

or heights
download

download

What I hate about having accidents is the customer neverworries about you, just makes sure the blood does not drip anywhere or someitem is not damaged
You trip over a toy on the floor that costs £2 and sprainyour ankle, have slight concussion and a cut on your arm and it is,Oh hopepepper pig is ok, he likes playing with that and leaving in dangerous places
yah ,you know what you can do with your pepper pig
imho

Fell through a loft hatch one Christmas and dislocated my shoulder, forgot where the hatch was.
Embarrassingly it was my my own loft.

damn that mulled wine.

Working in a nightclub, 4 storey building we put a new boiler in the flats on the 3rd floor, flue had to go to the roof so we had to remove an old pane prob 2.5m high by 1.5 wide came out fine went to put it back in then and the top corner smashed and came down slicing the top of my knuckle and a little bit on the back of my hand, lucky it didnt go straight through tbh. Thats the last time im removing really old flimsy glass :nonod:

Must have had a cut every working day of my life. Like most others i've had a lot of bad ones, kopex was deadly.

It gives me something to do when i'm sitting on the beach. The scars show up well with a suntan and i try to remember how i got them.

I had to laugh at Puddles cartoon thing with the half finger thing :lol: I know a few of guys with half a finger!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi There Try clearing your browsing history...
2 3
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
R
Personal protective equipment. Last line of...
2 3
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
You will probably need both . Hope all goes...
Replies
Views
Back