IQE Boilers From B&Q 10 year warranty | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss IQE Boilers From B&Q 10 year warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

happyflyer

Hi All, any of you chaps had any experience with these boilers, who is manufacturing these units, the Halo control Heating Manager look like a nice bit of kit and the boilers 10 years parts and labour, must be a catch, but what?? Looks like B&Q have the sales right to Worcester getting their foot in the door, wonder how merchants will feel and how do prices compare, B&Q are big hitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sime and DIY, count me out

Snob! I think DIY should work with carp! Obviously b&q wouldn't sell boiler, tools and gas fittings to a DIY custard...... They are responsible and take duty of care a bit higher than law requires. If your not 55 years old you can't buy solvent cement ..... But u can a boiler!

On the IQE website,they are available exclusively through B+Q Energy Saving,free phone contact with an energy saving adviser.They are 'available to home owners as a FULLY INSTALLED SOLUTION' in 3 areas currently. 2 thoughts , 1.Yet more competition,people often choose the lazy,off the shelf solution. 2.Desperate pay rates for those sub-contracting to them. On the face of it 10 years warranty on boiler and 5 years on heating controls is tempting.Prices not seen yet.

iqe simplicity combi boiler 25kw-£640.25 30kw-£735.55 35kw-£805.56. System boilers 20kw-£711.42 25kw-£805.69 30kw-£840.97.

Hi All, any of you chaps had any experience with these boilers, who is manufacturing these units, the Halo control Heating Manager look like a nice bit of kit and the boilers 10 years parts and labour, must be a catch, but what?? Looks like B&Q have the sales right to Worcester getting their foot in the door, wonder how merchants will feel and how do prices compare, B&Q are big hitters.

I tried one out on the get paid 700 quid to give out a free boiler benefit scheme , it went in all right and it was tradepoint only - so not on the shelf for the have a go DIYer to kill himself with. As for sime or vokera, it looks like the exchanger from a valiant ecoTEC combi inside?

At the end of the day it's insured to the eyeballs, so if it does go wrong the customer will get a new one (I have a feeling it might just outlast most of the sh*t out there it wouldn't make any sense for B&Q to do it...)

Screwfix tried to flog me the scheme. U have to find custard, get Eco grant though? And epc??

It seems to me the fact that b & q /screwfix same company and there ilk are trying really hard to get us to join smells of desperation and hard to find anyone wanting to install them on eco scheme They can stick there iqe boiler where the sun dont shine hell will freeze over before i install a boiler on the eco scheme.

As for sime or vokera, it looks like the exchanger from a valiant ecoTEC combi inside?

Likely to be a Vokera. The heat heat exchanger looks like a Vaillant one because the Vaillant ones are made by Vokera. Its also the same heat exchanger design that is in most stainless steel boilers such as Baxi. The design is from a French company called Giannoni.

It appears to me that B&Q have the muscle to do whatever they want, one good point is you can get everything you want at B&Q one stop shop, if they want to stock Worcester boilers or any other, I can't see how the boiler manufactures can't turn them down, forget the IQE range, they have every other product, they will eventually of all the range of boiler you use, they can't afford not to, get you in the door for a boiler and you will be rummaging around in the fitting bins, plastic and copper.

Look how Screw fix have expanded in the last 3.4 years, they have trade counters now, it will all be down to discounts where you go. You must admit it is going to be interesting.

It appears to me that B&Q have the muscle to do whatever they want, one good point is you can get everything you want at B&Q one stop shop, if they want to stock Worcester boilers or any other, I can't see how the boiler manufactures can't turn them down, forget the IQE range, they have every other product, they will eventually of all the range of boiler you use, they can't afford not to, get you in the door for a boiler and you will be rummaging around in the fitting bins, plastic and copper.

Look how Screw fix have expanded in the last 3.4 years, they have trade counters now, it will all be down to discounts where you go. You must admit it is going to be interesting.

If ever B&Q work out how the trade market operates, then they could be dangerous. Trouble is, they are retailers at heart, and retail and trade don't mix well. They require different stock, different premises, different processes and different types of staff.

They tried with TradePoint format which was the closest they ever got, but it still felt like a B&Q.

The more Screwfix open tradecounters, the more they acquire the same overhead base that traditional merchants have, which negates their core advantage.

You're right though. Interesting times.

If ever B&Q work out how the trade market operates, then they could be dangerous. Trouble is, they are retailers at heart, and retail and trade don't mix well. They require different stock, different premises, different processes and different types of staff.

They tried with TradePoint format which was the closest they ever got, but it still felt like a B&Q.

The more Screwfix open tradecounters, the more they acquire the same overhead base that traditional merchants have, which negates their core advantage.

You're right though. Interesting times.

Very interesting Ray what you say, we will need to watch this space

Only thing is with screwfix you know your paying same as everyone else. Crossings have so many variations of bottom line it's unreal!!!

well dont care who makes them. inside its the same as all the rest with 10 year warrenty wont be my problem as long as its fitted right.
i agree its a level playing field at the screwfix trade counter and so it should be

Trouble is, you are paying the same as your customer.

It seems its all going this way nowadays, my 'trade price' is often more then I can get down screwfix anyway.... Plus boilers are the same price if not cheaper online... No such thing as trade price anymore it seems!

I just up the labour rate

10 year warranty will lead to alot of unhappy custards! The manufacturer will simply not have enough dedicated manufacturer repairs staff, it will be a case of your boilers broke down & we can get out to you in 3 weeks... Are local engineer will travel 150 miles to get out to you!!

Thank you buildersbum80 a really well considered post - the logic you present is true and
also as you say Vaillant always put their stuff into cheaper kit to keep their bottom line
in profit - its just a case of spotting the bum boilers and the 'cheap' ones with the proper kit inside Centralheatking
I tried one out on the get paid 700 quid to give out a free boiler benefit scheme , it went in all right and it was tradepoint only - so not on the shelf for the have a go DIYer to kill himself with. As for sime or vokera, it looks like the exchanger from a valiant ecoTEC combi inside?

At the end of the day it's insured to the eyeballs, so if it does go wrong the customer will get a new one (I have a feeling it might just outlast most of the sh*t out there it wouldn't make any sense for B&Q to do it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I did fit a Viessmann 200-w a few months back...
Replies
Views
Baxi are solid.
Replies
Views
Money always speaks,I really cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I beg to differ on that. The exhaust is the...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back