Just taken a leap booked in to do commercial and catering | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Just taken a leap booked in to do commercial and catering in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

J

julesverne

Booked in for 17th august to do both my commercial and catering at gaswise training in york.

cocn1
icpn1
tcp1
tcp1a
ciga1
cdga1
cccn1
comcat 1+ 3

bricking it a bit and plenty of reading up to do

You will be fine mate just take your time and ask any questions even the simple/stupid ones as they might not be

you got much experience in commercial? want to do it myself in the future but have had zero experience

do you get the call for commercial if you dont tbh i dont see the point

None whatsoever so It will be a steep learning curve. Plan to ease myself into it and already got takeaways lined up for work. Gonna go on few manufacturers courses aswell. No rush for me to get earning as the domestics side of gas is doing well anyway. This is more a long term plan to get away from bathrooms as I've had enough of them and gas is what I enjoy most.

do you get the call for commercial if you dont tbh i dont see the point
I get calls for catering the odd one for commercial. Even if you don't get calls for em there's no reason not to do it. If your good at what you do and determined enough you will make it succeed. I came into plumbing at 36 got my gas at 38. There's more reasons for me to go commercial than not. Hard work conquers conquers all.

Can never under stand tpcp1 and tpcp1a

One States up to 1m3 the other states up to and over 1m3... So by logic you only need to sit 1 in order to cover both yet everyone I know has both..

Maybe croppie can clear that up??

Can never under stand tpcp1 and tpcp1a

One States up to 1m3 the other states up to and over 1m3... So by logic you only need to sit 1 in order to cover both yet everyone I know has both..

Maybe croppie can clear that up??

knowing them one will be only upto 1m3 and the other will be 1m3 and over to make you do both

tpcp1 is up to and over which is all I have and my understanding is that I can as it states go upto and over.

Yet if you look at the bundles training centres put together they issue 1 and 1a

Also looking at other company's in my area on the gas safe register they all have both.

Checked it a while back and my assessor was adamant I only needed the one, I just couldn't work out why so many held both

i have dunno why, didn't pay for it though.. Photo0169.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
yep I need to check if my analyser will...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
booked my changeover at blackburn college with...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
Back