Just taken a leap booked in to do commercial and catering | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Just taken a leap booked in to do commercial and catering in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

J

julesverne

Booked in for 17th august to do both my commercial and catering at gaswise training in york.

cocn1
icpn1
tcp1
tcp1a
ciga1
cdga1
cccn1
comcat 1+ 3

bricking it a bit and plenty of reading up to do

including your prac or just theory?

Thats where alcohol comes in handy lol,

Booze free def while im doing it.

:D you might not know who you are by the end, but least you will know purging info etc :D

Good luck but i did have a banging headache and dreams including extreme maths..it's great :) Btw you'll find domestic resits a nice day off with dinner in future.

:D dreams about math lol well if you say

sexy-teacher-training-ddc-controls-building-automation-systems.jpg

Maths is easy once you can differentiate between the figures required for volume and the figures for purge time.

Igem was my headache was it iggy up 1 or 1a or was that in 9789 no that bit was in the bs......

Relax you'll be fine no different really to domestic week just your looking for the information in a different book...

Oh and 10% don't use the %button on the calculator it'll throw up a marginally different number then the actual answer. And if you get that wrong at the start by the time you've got to the end it could be a decimal place out

Here's what to look forward to

image.jpg

Not much iron generally when doing an outside gas pipe to upset the pikeys, but enjoy doing it currently pricing up 2nd hand equipment like electric threader on flea bay with a view to buying new in the future.

Not much iron generally when doing an outside gas pipe to upset the pikeys, but enjoy doing it currently pricing up 2nd hand equipment like electric threader on flea bay with a view to buying new in the future.

Rigid or rems and pipe support and its the best thing about my job if only we could get more work involving it welded or threaded :)

So gents what new tools should i be looking at buying differing from domestic iron stuffs obvious anything else.

Will take a few pics tom if I get chance but 36-42 stilsons

Decent socket set and a breaker bar well 2 breaker bars. Stud cutter! I missed out an a dirt cheap hitachi stud cutter a few weeks back I'm still ticking about it. Did pick up a cheap Hilti one for £50 on flea bay.

I've not used rems stilsons but bss have an offer on at the minute 3 sets for the price of one ridgid...

I do very little threaded work to be honest. Loads of pressing, soldering, flanges, grooving etc

You could go mad with new tools but you might find you Don't use them for months at a time.

Decent socket set and a breaker bar well 2 breaker bars. Stud cutter! I missed out an a dirt cheap hitachi stud cutter a few weeks back I'm still ticking about it. Did pick up a cheap Hilti one for £50 on flea bay.

I've not used rems stilsons but bss have an offer on at the minute 3 sets for the price of one ridgid...

I do very little threaded work to be honest. Loads of pressing, soldering, flanges, grooving etc

You could go mad with new tools but you might find you Don't use them for months at a time.

Ebay for stilsons and Milwaukee metal saw for rod etc

Last edited:
Also got a few sets of record stils and don't get any alum ones

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
yep I need to check if my analyser will...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
booked my changeover at blackburn college with...
Replies
Views
mike_s
M
Back