Just viewed a house :-/ | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Just viewed a house :-/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can wait to buy a house! I'm living with the mrs at the moment she owns a one bed flat but its a new build and I hate it! All electric no gas! Major no no!

Hopefully within the year eh.
I often fantasise about what type of system and bathroom ill put in my house one day when in reality it'll probably be a cracked up ferroli with tumble drier hose for a flue and a ****y rusted screwed green coloured bathroom suite.

dont try and talk ur self into buying pal, ive moved a few times and the last time nearly bought one in desperation cos my sale was goin through. glad i waent with my gut. if your a first time buyer youll never be in a better position because theres no chain, a lot of cash so bide ur time i say. btw i live in a 1920s semi and i dont think levels were invented then..

I can wait to buy a house! I'm living with the mrs at the moment she owns a one bed flat but its a new build and I hate it! All electric no gas! Major no no!

Hopefully within the year eh.
I often fantasise about what type of system and bathroom ill put in my house one day when in reality it'll probably be a cracked up ferroli with tumble drier hose for a flue and a ****y rusted screwed green coloured bathroom suite.

It's mad aint it. I looked at the bathroom in this one and it needs updating, but I know if I bought it, it would be the last thing I'd do :)

are you looking at properties tony or just waiting a while?

I always get a funny/sad/light headed/ feeling at the idea of spending pound notes and hundreds and thousands on a house just makes the feeling worse:willy_nilly:
It might not be the house, so prehaps like me your just tight fisted or subconsciously so and dont realise it.
PS i dont gamble either as i take it personally when i dont win

I often fantasise about what type of system and bathroom ill put in my house one day when in reality it'll probably be a cracked up ferroli with tumble drier hose for a flue and a ****y rusted screwed green coloured bathroom suite.[/QUOTE]

mmmmm avocado

It's mad aint it. I looked at the bathroom in this one and it needs updating, but I know if I bought it, it would be the last thing I'd do :)

are you looking at properties tony or just waiting a while?
Getting a few more quid behind me mate, wasn't the most sensible with money when I was younger, spent every penny on ****, partying and holidays so had no savings behind me, so last couple of years I've been saving like a trooper. The mrs has equity in her flat so she's ready (financially not mentally) she hates the idea of moving again. I feel so restricted in the new build, everything is where it is! No room to put an extra wardrobe anywhere or anything, can't put my own stamp on it.

You will never be in a better position to purchase. No chain and quick move is king.
use it to your advantage.

the first thing I change is the bathroom, got to have a toilet that's only had your bum on it.

Getting a few more quid behind me mate, wasn't the most sensible with money when I was younger, spent every penny on ****, partying and holidays so had no savings behind me, so last couple of years I've been saving like a trooper. The mrs has equity in her flat so she's ready (financially not mentally) she hates the idea of moving again. I feel so restricted in the new build, everything is where it is! No room to put an extra wardrobe anywhere or anything, can't put my own stamp on it.
In your younger days?? How old are you, I thought you where like 21!!

new builds are very rigid in what you can and can't do really, there's no way you could extend or anything, which is a downside to them.

You will never be in a better position to purchase. No chain and quick move is king.

the first thing I change is the bathroom, got to have a toilet that's only had your bum on it.
It's weird, my parents moved house about 6 years ago stripped it out and we've re-done everything, leaving the kitchen and bathroom until last, just finished the kitchen but the bathroom still looks like a squat!

Exactly that! Was all Brand new and I chose everything down to style of kitchen
(Or was it her?) the only thing I had to do was fit a shower in the other bathroom but cos of her OCD it HAD to be the same one as the en suite!
new houses you get a toilet downstairs which while wasnt a deal breaker it's still nice!
Only downside is that it's got an Isar 35 in it!!!! :s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365193319.897237.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365193337.248654.jpg

Plinth lights are a bit overkill but that's my old man for ya.

A very old 27 now mate, crows feet and everything.

Nah. Houses should be rated on the "5 wars" scale.

Houses built after WW2 should be avoided.

Houses built between WW1 and WW2 are ok at a push.

Houses built before WW1 are good.

Houses built before the Crimean war are better.

Houses built before the Napoleonic wars are better still.

The best houses predate the English civil war. I would love one of those.

Exactly that! Was all Brand new and I chose everything down to style of kitchen
(Or was it her?) the only thing I had to do was fit a shower in the other bathroom but cos of her OCD it HAD to be the same one as the en suite!
new houses you get a toilet downstairs which while wasnt a deal breaker it's still nice!
Only downside is that it's got an Isar 35 in it!!!! :s

I could not be without a downstairs toilet now, I took it all out last weekend over the holiday to tile the floor then put it back. Missed it over the few days.

i would be gutted if there was a Isar fitted

Just spoke to the estate agents and I'm going to have another look this afternoon at 2.15 :)

the pig estate agent is off this week aswell, so that's a bonus.

Ill have my mind made up later today :-!

Where you looking at tom?

Four oaks mate. I know you don't get much for your money round there, but its a nice area and trouble free.

Im having a hard time explained to my mom and dad, that this is all ill get for 170k.

My mom and dad live by the hunters moon, which is nice enough, but its not what it was when I was younger.

Take your time, it's a big decision. Look at loads.

Im with you on this one. I'm definitely going to take my time. Got more viewing at different properties booked in for next week.

Nice...would be nice if you could find a decent place for your budget round there....i dont think youll ever find a house you a completely happy with though mate..... You always need to put your own stamp on whatever you buy, so if you can look past what is at the houses you are looking at and try to see them when youve done it to your own taste it might be a little easier to decide which to go for.

Yeah used to be nice round the hunters....not anymore!!! Too many nutcases live near there now! What about round boldmere and sutton? Not too far from four oaks and some nice gaffs round there.

So, I viewed that house again.......twice.

I went with my mom and dad and they gave it the ok and my dad, who's a builder told me what could be done to improve/enlarge the property.

Ive been in a bidding war for two days with someone else and they've just offered asking price so I've backed out.

Its been crazy, but, and this isn't bitterness, whoever pays asking price in today's market is a fool or desperate.

I opened with a bid of £159,950 which was cheeky, but was actually considered by the seller so I was in all honesty a bit reluctant when I was increasing my offers.

Oh well, its off to look again. It's been a learning curve and there will be others houses so I'm not disheartened and I'm going to view another next week.

It might come back on the market, but you've done the right thing not paying the asking for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back