Label central heating parts in airing cupboard | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Label central heating parts in airing cupboard in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You`ve made your point as is you right, now let it go!

Goodbye!

Well just been rereading some of this Thread, and realise where we have all gone wrong !! The answer is in reply '19' we could have saved ourselves a small fortune, no need for Apprentice ships or attending Technical Collage, all those wasted years on low wages, Its simple
Just Google it and watch YouTube videos. :computer:

Well just been rereading some of this Thread, and realise where we have all gone wrong !! The answer is in reply '19' we could have saved ourselves a small fortune, no need for Apprentice ships or attending Technical Collage, all those wasted years on low wages, Its simple
Just Google it and watch YouTube videos. :computer:

Imagine earning £2000 a week at 17 eh!
Oh! hang on you wouldn`t cos everyone could do everything!

I think it's excellent that somebody wants to learn and try and improve their skills by way of watching/reading... As long as they don't mess with something they're not supposed to and
which by doing so represents a danger to themselves/public or is against the law then
hats off to them/anyone.

Why ban them? Why not embrace them, help them where possible and of course point them in the right directing should they not be playing ball?

We all have to earn a living (or at least try) and for some training courses/expenses and copious amounts of time and effort are involved in providing a crust for the family...but sorry, that doesn't mean that we're off limits (in whatever trade) to people wanting to seek some advice, surely some of what this forum is exactly that this is about and why Dan started it?

Help/advise/and yes make money but let people breathe at least.

It was his attitude he was banned for, not the fact he was asking questions and wanted to learn.

He had been warned. He was also unnecessarily reporting posts.

So you think ts fair that some poor sod is going to buy this guys house one day, as he's bodged his heating together from you tube videos and forums. All to save him a few quid. Do you think it's on to be given advise on something that took us years to learn?
Im going to ring a mechanic tomorrow and get him how to tell me how change the knackered suspension on my van. Oh I know I'll whatch you tube, it's not a safety issue is it?

I doubt there is a single person using this forum that hasn't asked advice on fixing/repairing something from an expert/qualified person so as to save themselves time and possibly money and
good luck to anyone in doing so. Slaying someone for asking for help is just pointless and serves no real purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll gladly share my skills and knowledge with people who know their own limitations. The real skill is in knowing when to stop.

So fair play to those that want to get their hands dirty and take themselves back to a more primitive time when the head of the cave did everything. But know when you have reached that point just before you are out of your depth.

No, if I cannot gain the specific information needed via a forum I will read enough books to ensure I have the knowledge beforehand.

I do enjoy how people like you think knowledge is a god given gift, unfortunately it isn't and just like you it will come from someone else or the written word. Plumbing is not a special talent, it requires knowledge which can be acquired with material and time.

Good luck being so ambitious and aspirational though :), typical plumbers.... :p

The knowledge ive gained over the years has been hard earned. So you'll have to forgive me if I dont feel like giving it away easily, much like I don't like giving away twenty pound notes!

Its not just the knowledge, its also the tools and equipment. If I have to spend 500 notes on a new bit of kit, so be it, at least it will get used on a regular basis. Cant see why anybody with half a brain would buy something to only use once.

Some people just wont be helped.

thats not always true simon ive bought tools for specific jobs of ebay used them then resold some you win some you lose

Very true. When we had the extension built in 2001 I had a 2 and 1 gang doing the blockwork. I bought a mixer rather than hiring and sold it after I had finished for about a tenner less than I paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I tried it when the heating reached thermostat...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Back