Leaking radiator on which I closed the valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking radiator on which I closed the valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's just dripping out slightly will be fine if it's spraying out all over the place need a new valve or cap it off

The only guaranteed way is to either replace the valve or cap it off
Right well anyway BINGO. Thanks man. OK so no need to undo the nut or remove the valve. Just this. I hope this simple solution works! It's £8.50 on Ebay. This means you're saying that pressure is NOT an issue, right?

2 x compression caps will cost a lot less than £8.50 and as long as you drain system very easy to fit, anyone with some common sense & a couple of spanners can do it

2 x compression caps will cost a lot less than £8.50 and as long as you drain system very easy to fit, anyone with some common sense & a couple of spanners can do it

Op doesn't want to drain or freeze the system

If it's just dripping out slightly will be fine if it's spraying out all over the place need a new valve or cap it off

The only guaranteed way is to either replace the valve or cap it off

Well it's a constant drip rather than spray. I have tied a cloth around it for now. I'll get some of that special sealant you showed me and see if it lasts. And make a note that if it doesn't the next step is a bit more radical and may cost me a week's money because, from what I gather here, either of those jobs could be more than I can handle. I thought you meant originally that it was simply a case of removing one valve and replacing it. Those ones on the left only cost a fiver on Ebay. I guess one can find the solution in a forum like this and then look for actual directions on YouTube or somewhere. Thanks for your sane advice and clarity. The internet eh? :)

P923.4 Stop End 15mm 2 Pack

Pair of end caps. Take it apart and use threaded end to screw onto pipe where your valve is. Would need to drain system or some of the water to be able to remove valve.
This may be handy
Good luck

P923.4 Stop End 15mm 2 Pack

Pair of end caps. Take it apart and use threaded end to screw onto pipe where your valve is. Would need to drain system or some of the water to be able to remove valve.
This may be handy
Good luck

Sounds like this is the ideal solution. I've ordered a tube of that Evo-stick sealant now and understand that this should do the job. I plan to place the plastic cover back over it to make it snug. That can always be cut off later if necessary. I'll keep this info in case it doesn't work! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Close rad valves, pull bleed screw out, add 2...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
Back