Leaking Radiator tail pieces | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit.
Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound round about 4 layers of PTFE tape too. I have since taken it off and wound round 8-9 layers and it screwed up nice and snug but still leaks from both sides and definitely from that join.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they screw the tail piece all the way until it stops but mine doesn't bottom out if I carried on the nut would fall into the rad so it's only sealed with the tape. Would a paste be worth adding?.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks. Would plumbers mait work instead of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plastic washer is no use for to act as a seal...
Replies
Views
Hi Problematic valve resolved! I removed the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good idea. Whenever I am doing work or more...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Once you break into a sealed pipe you become...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Back