Loads of air in central heating. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loads of air in central heating. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Evening,

I am getting a lot of air in my central heating system.
After turning the heating off, the header tank (in loft) is refilling for maybe 5 minutes, and you can hear the air passing through one of the upstairs radiators for a further 5 minutes.
I can't find any leaks and nothing is coming out of the overflow on the header tank?

Thanks.

Any work gone on with the system?

Evening,

I am getting a lot of air in my central heating system.
After turning the heating off, the header tank (in loft) is refilling for maybe 5 minutes, and you can hear the air passing through one of the upstairs radiators for a further 5 minutes.
I can't find any leaks and nothing is coming out of the overflow on the header tank?

Thanks.
Any water leaking from the overflow outside when the heating is on?

Something about this picture looks funny and I cannot put my finger on it?

1664F000-5195-4721-83D7-5707B65C1796.png

Yes, but there are two pipes coming out of the front of the cylinder that go to the tank in the loft. One is a feed and one is a expansion pipe(?) from the cylinder isn't it? Could it be sucking in air from the expansion pipe(?).

Thanks.
If it’s plumbed wrong then yes but if it’s worked fine up till now then Doubtful. The pipes out of the front of the cylinder are flow and return from the boiler

It has worked fine until this week. I'm worried that a blockage somewhere will be causing it to suck in air from the expansion pipe(?).

I will have to check tomorrow night as the cylinder in also in the kids bedroom!

Thanks for your help :)

It has worked fine until this week. I'm worried that a blockage somewhere will be causing it to suck in air from the expansion pipe(?).

I will have to check tomorrow night as the cylinder in also in the kids bedroom!

Thanks for your help :)
The reason I asked about the pipe being hot and the water in the f & e being hot is sometimes they can pump over. This will definitely be sucking air in if it is.

5 minutes refilling the f&e tank every time you switch heating off. That is a lot of water going somewhere. Sounds to me like you have a leak in your heating pipework. If it was upstairs you’d see it coming through the downstairs ceiling so it may well be that a heating pipe hidden under the downstairs floor has sprung a leak in the cold weather?

5 minutes refilling the f&e tank every time you switch heating off. That is a lot of water going somewhere. Sounds to me like you have a leak in your heating pipework. If it was upstairs you’d see it coming through the downstairs ceiling so it may well be that a heating pipe hidden under the downstairs floor has sprung a leak in the cold weather?
Not a bad shout to be fair.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
L
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back