Low gas pressure | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low gas pressure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just finished commissioning the Vaillant boiler. Pressure slightly low at 2.76 m3/h. 30kW. Old boiler was a 24kW.

Tested the hob and all burners go out on simmer. Owners reckon this is a new thing.

Only hob and boiler on gas.

Pipework from meter is 22mm, goes in house and under floor in 22mm approx 3-3.5m. Comes out of floor where boiler is in 15mm.

Standing pressure 24mbar
Working pressure 21.5mbar

Undersized pipework I'm thinking.

Right or wrong??

How far is the run to the hob? Meter to first tee, tee to to boiler, then tee to hob. Any other appliances??

Last edited:
Gas rate of 2.76 is nearly spot on for a gross 30kw appliance?

Gas rate of 2.76 is nearly spot on for a gross 30kw appliance?

Min as per mi is 2.9.. hob tees off under the boiler which is about 2 meters away

Doesn't sound undersized to me for that distance.

whats pressure at meter working and then at boiler (full rate) no more than 1.5mbar drop if more its pipework / blockage

whats pressure at meter working and then at boiler (full rate) no more than 1.5mbar drop if more its pipework / blockage

21.5 working 16 at boiler inlet. Def pipework. Have disconnected hob and put boiler at risk. Am thinking of running the external 22 pipe in 28.. about 2 meters.

21.5 working 16 at boiler inlet. Def pipework. Have disconnected hob and put boiler at risk. Am thinking of running the external 22 pipe in 28.. about 2 meters.

theres your problem new gas line

You reckon I could get away with upping the accessible 22mm to 28mm - about 2 meters

depends if theres a blockage in the floor, as 22mm should be enough

as 30kw at 5m with 8 elbows gives you a loss of 0.60 mabar

the boiler inlet gas valve filter isnt blocked is it?

Last edited:
depends if theres a blockage in the floor, as 22mm should be enough

as 30kw at 5m with 8 elbows gives you a loss of 0.60 mabar

the boiler inlet gas valve filter isnt blocked is it?

Shouldn't be its a brand new boiler. Apparently hob was working fine before the install. But soon as I removed the meter I capped it and pipework with dust caps. Soon as I cut the gas under boiler I capped the pipe so nothing could drop into it.

I'll have the check the gas ISO valve make sure I didn't put it wrong way round, but that would only affect the boiler anyway.

Shouldn't be its a brand new boiler. Apparently hob was working fine before the install. But soon as I removed the meter I capped it and pipework with dust caps. Soon as I cut the gas under boiler I capped the pipe so nothing could drop into it.

I'll have the check the gas ISO valve make sure I didn't put it wrong way round, but that would only affect the boiler anyway.

i would pull the gas valve just to check mesh

other than it being 15mm in the floor should be under 1.5mbar drop

i would pull the gas valve just to check mesh

other than it being 15mm in the floor should be under 1.5mbar drop

Gutted was gonna use this as part of my Inspection .. oh well

I'll pop round tomorrow and have a look at the gas valve.

Cheers Shaun

Someone may have already asked this, what's the working pressure at the meter with all apliances running?
Does it alter when the the boilers on and then the hob? Becaouse it sounds like regulator to me.

Someone may have already asked this, what's the working pressure at the meter with all apliances running?
Does it alter when the the boilers on and then the hob? Becaouse it sounds like regulator to me.

Tested and 21.5 when both are on, 21.5 when one appliance is on

Get rid of the 15 mm to boiler and increase the min burner rate at hob ?
Or have I miss understood your post.

Apologies if I have, its late on a Sunday !

Can you cut a tee with a test nipple on to the hob, and then look? Might be a restriction in the hob or isolater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Just do the same action again. Pot at Mac...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back