Low gas pressure | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low gas pressure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, upped the pipework to 28 in basement, cut in a test point under the boiler and proved pipework was fine at 1mb drop.. still getting 12 working at meter. So I call NG. Guy says, don't run boiler on max rate, just run it normally because we don't test in max rate. Says if he gets good wp at meter at normal rate he's leaving. So I start to call gas safe register. He says run the boiler on max rate. He then finally accepts there's a problem with service pipework and calls it in!!!!!!

He reckons by running a boiler on max rate will generally always get lower than 19 wp at meter. Really? I say. I've never seen this before at the meter when I've done installs. Reckons that's how it is.

Jesus H Christ!!!!

Good on you jay, stand your ground

Always love a good argument :D

They do that with the huge output domestic boilers the manufacturers are selling now.
40kw combi,s, why?

Ok.. so back to the original job on this post..

I fitted a Vaillant 30kW system boiler and upped the pipework in 28mm from meter to boiler as boiler and hob wasn't getting enough gas

I've now added a test point to both boiler and hob. I've also teed the hob off the 28 which I brought further up underneath the boiler..

I added the test point on the 15mm.. so!

Standing @ meter 25mb
WP @ meter both app 21mb
WP @ meter 1 app 21.5mb
WP @ boiler test point 20mb
WP @ hob test point 20mb
WP @ boiler with hob on 19mb
WP @ hob with boiler on 19mb

Have told custard to replace hob as burners went out with just hob on- hob is 30 years old.

I expected to see a working pressure of 20 at both appliances when both on.

Pipework is not undersized.

Why am I only getting 19????

30066a0e763dc97d7fbb644b66373427.jpg

3ad66e255d22823d94e68acce94f49c3.jpg

These are my pipe calculations for what's currently there..

a463a0994b3335f88d0b4da92d9ef3cb.jpg

df91809d21cad3a3735cd921b67156b3.jpg

Last edited:
I would be happy with them pressures

Really? But surely I shouldn't be getting a 2mb drop across pipework??

1.5 mbar with one appliance running and much better than before

And I'm sure your loosing .5 mbar on that 15mm

Last edited:
1.5 mbar with one appliance running and much better than before

And I'm sure your loosing .5 mbar on that 15mm

One thing I did notice that I haven't seen before, all the readings pulsated on the gauge.. half a bar. Just went up and down constantly by half a bar.. dodgy regulator? Or is that normal?

One thing I did notice that I haven't seen before, all the readings pulsated on the gauge.. half a bar. Just went up and down constantly by half a bar.. dodgy regulator? Or is that normal?

Could be but its normal for it to move up and down a wee bit around .5 I would say is normal

Without seeing it it's a guess what do you think ? Are you happy with the results?

Could be but its normal for it to move up and down a wee bit around .5 I would say is normal

Without seeing it it's a guess what do you think ? Are you happy with the results?

I'm happy that they're better, but not happy I'm getting a 2mb drop across pipework. But then, I'm not as experienced as you so if you say it's ok I'll go with that and put in a new hob, long as the flame pic and simmer are good I can call it a day..

I'm happy that they're better, but not happy I'm getting a 2mb drop across pipework. But then, I'm not as experienced as you so if you say it's ok I'll go with that and put in a new hob, long as the flame pic and simmer are good I can call it a day..

Yea you can double check by phoning your friends up at Nat grid about the reg :D

Do you know age of reg / what meter is in imperial or metric ?

Yea you can double check by phoning your friends up at Nat grid about the reg :D

Do you know age of reg / what meter is in imperial or metric ?

Metric (G4).. no idea of age of reg.. lol NG [emoji1589]

I wouldn't worrie much better than it was, I would be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Just do the same action again. Pot at Mac...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back