Low Loss header , remote from boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low Loss header , remote from boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Gez2312

Gas Engineer
Just about to start a job , system boiler , ufh zone , cyl zone , rad zone. It’s quite a big house so was going to add low loss and pump to aid , but it’s tight for space where boiler is going. Ufh manifold is going about 10m away in a cupboard , where I’d have loads of room for my zone valves , low loss and pumps. Could anyone see an issue with doing that ? 28mm from boiler to low loss 10m away ? I’ve fit them before but always put close to boiler. At a squeeze I could fit low loss with boiler and then pump to zone valves 10m away if that makes sense ? Any advice gratefully received, many thanks

Just about to start a job , system boiler , ufh zone , cyl zone , rad zone. It’s quite a big house so was going to add low loss and pump to aid , but it’s tight for space where boiler is going. Ufh manifold is going about 10m away in a cupboard , where I’d have loads of room for my zone valves , low loss and pumps. Could anyone see an issue with doing that ? 28mm from boiler to low loss 10m away ? I’ve fit them before but always put close to boiler. At a squeeze I could fit low loss with boiler and then pump to zone valves 10m away if that makes sense ? Any advice gratefully received, many thanks
As long as the pump on the boiler is enough to pump the circuit to the header then, no there is no problem. I have done similar before. On one commercial job I used a plate at the boiler end and a LLH at the other due to distance - with an additional pump in between - you won't need that but your idea is good, go for it.

Nope your fine

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back