Making a new business | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter T & H Plumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 10K

Discuss Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing a new business needs is work work work - go subbing 1st do anything as you
build up your private work when your private work gets in the way dump the employed bit.

lift as much stuff, tools and customers from your employer as you can before you leave
ALWAYS park their van well away from your private customer when on a foreigner otherwise
when u mess a job up they will call the number on the side of van !!!

when you have made some dosh let hmrc know and send some to them. New LTD
companies will have trouble getting accounts cause if they go bust the supplier cant get their lolly back.

If your good, lucky, and work really hard you will have a chance of success sitting around
theorising does not make money centralheatkinh

Believe it or not, we do. The downsides of being caught fiddling are so much greater than the relatively small benefits of getting away with it, that its just not worth the risk.

You got anymore of those £300 for cash boilers left Ray?

not sure about "borrowing" your employers kit!

LOL if any employee of mine ever 'borrowed' my kit or stock I would do everything I could to make sure they were charged for it and got a criminal conviction.

Lots of people borrow and then take stock to the friendly swap shop, they normally swap it for 'wonga' I've never had any 'wonga' so unsure what the fascination is?

Just be careful when doing 'foreigners'.

Some bosses have put GPS trackers in their vans.
Not a great way to end a working relationship by being caught by your employer for using his equipment for your own benefit.

Just remember

There are more plumbers looking for employers - than employers looking for plumbers.

Just be careful when doing 'foreigners'.

Some bosses have put GPS trackers in their vans.
Not a great way to end a working relationship by being caught by your employer for using his equipment for your own benefit.

Just remember

There are more plumbers looking for employers - than employers looking for plumbers.

Im pretty sure they have to let you know if there's a tracker fitted to the van, not 100% sure though.

Yes they do have to let you know also they have to share any data they have collected about your movements. Just don't speed, you can't be prosecuted for it but you can be instantly dismissed for gross negligence

I know if you have an accident the police and insurance company can check the details and use your speed data against your claim, although I don't know if it's accurate enough to prosecute with.

I know if you have an accident the police and insurance company can check the details and use your speed data against your claim, although I don't know if it's accurate enough to prosecute with.

If you crash normally the skid pattern and braking distance plus vehicle mass gets a much more accurate speed. But tracker will show u driving like a pleb for last 5 months

Company I work for now have 24/7 trackers in all the vans and a large sticker in windscreen after some idiot went to France on a booze cruise one weekend and ruined it for the rest of us. Now they know how many "coffee breaks" I take and where.
:mad2:

Company I work for now have 24/7 trackers in all the vans and a large sticker in windscreen after some idiot went to France on a booze cruise one weekend and ruined it for the rest of us. Now they know how many "coffee breaks" I take and where.
:mad2:

bet he's a popular guy now.

No longer with us, the guv didn`t mess about he was gone within 24hrs and everyone warned. I don`t blame him and would do the same if roles were reversed.
Ps anyone selling a small van for weekend use?

I asked a waitress for knosh once, she just looked at me in a disapproving manner, I did get some nosh, it was a stake and not the knosh she thought I was asking for (unfortunate as up Norf knosh = oral romance )

Ermi - totally off topic!!!!!

As were my last 2 posts - I have deleted mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will have almost certainly have a "non...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
This clown is just after being told how to set...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back