Making a new business | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter T & H Plumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 10K

Discuss Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an Update to how im progressing

My Flyers landed on the doorstep today posted 4 thousand of um :cool3: weather was glorious but still have another 4 thousand to post :bigcry:

Work wise its been a bit quiet, got a full weeks worth of work booked in monday, apart from that ive fitted 6 outside taps lol and a leaking toilet also the possibility of a full bathroom install coming up, the word is getting out slowly but surly

Hopefully will have the van purchased and signed up within the month (fingers crossed)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)

Question about VAT

With me being a noob I have shot myself in the foot when doing a supply and fit job I never took into consideration VAT when quoting, what's best way of adding on VAT to goods I supply??

Take into consideration all the goods and add 20% ????

Last job cost me near enough £80 in me not allowing for VAT (won't make that mistake again)
You cannot charge vat if you are not vat registered.

Whatever you buy from a merchants the price you pay includes vat. You charge this price to the customer plus a markup pllus labour. If you so much as mention vat on one of your invoices you can get in a lot of trouble

I don't think I explained good enough, what I ment to say was

For instance I have the B&Q trade point book there prices in there are without vat, when a customer tells me for instance a bathroom suite they want and say its £200 would I add %20 on for vat then give the customer that price including mark up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will have almost certainly have a "non...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
This clown is just after being told how to set...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back