Megaflow cold feed. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Megaflow cold feed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the incoming mains is of the higher pressure and flow than needed the pressure reducing valve takes it down to the correct pressure
So if the correct checks are done before a cylinder is fitted 22mm is the correct way to do it

OK OK you obviousley know best;) I give in! , your right! , I,m too old for this game my brains gone all senile i,ll have to call it a day:p:rolleyes:

so, if you do not get the required readings after doing your checks and you have an incoming 25mm main, you would automatically step up to 28mm?

So solar
if the incoming mains was of the wrong pressure and flow putting up to 28 ain't going to do it
You could upgrade mains (with a he'll of a lot of work if not ducted from mains and which are)

Or you would have to have a cwsc and then pump from there to cylinder
Would you not do this?

cool, what solar systems you installing? have you had much to do with this drain back system mate?

cool, what solar systems you installing? have you had much to do with this drain back system mate?

So solar
I was installing viessmann but got a lot of problems with air in stainless flexi pipe
Now use kingspan thermomax these are great very easy and quick to install and never had to go back to any would recomend them highly

Never used the drain back system am ment to be going to look at a set that don't work lol

But what would be best to connect to?, a 1/2 inch lead supply giving 25ltrs a minute@ 3bar or a 32mm mdpe supply giving 14ltrs @ 1.5bar, its not the size that counts somtimes.

But what would be best to connect to?, a 1/2 inch lead supply giving 25ltrs a minute@ 3bar or a 32mm mdpe supply giving 14ltrs @ 1.5bar, its not the size that counts somtimes.

so you think that 32mm pipe supplying at 1.5bar will only give 14ltr/m , go do some maths then come back with a sensible reply.:p:p

so you think that 32mm pipe supplying at 1.5bar will only give 14ltr/m , go do some maths then come back with a sensible reply.:p:p

if you had a kinked a 32mm pipe you could have a standing static pressure 0f 1.5 bar supplying 1 ltr a minute, if you really wanted to.

The point Iam trying to make is, you are limited by what you have coming out of that stop tap into the house, you can connect a 28mm pipe to it, but if youve only got a low amount coming in it wont make a blind bit of difference, save for say a small amount of frictonal loss through the pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
No because you will still have 28mm volume at 1.5bar until there is enough flow taken off to cause a significant pressure drop at the inlet then it would flow as incoming , however depending on the length of 28mm installed it would need to be a significant amount to cause this , the 28 would act as a buffer/accumulater. ;):)

Blackcatgas
I agree with you you can't make more than you got coming in to house

No because you will still have 28mm volume at 1.5bar until there is enough flow taken off to cause a significant pressure drop at the inlet then it would flow as incoming , however depending on the length of 28mm installed it would need to be a significant amount to cause this , the 28 would act as a buffer/accumulater. ;):)

Lol were splitting hairs here:), youd get that untill all the initial water was purged out of the 28mm, so youd get 28mm flow @1.5bar until the 28mm had emptied.

Thats exactly what i,m saying and that applies to everything including megaflows which was the original thread , as long as you have the volume and pressure it will give the required flow , if you only start with low volume you will never get the flow . :D(Gray i,m afraid you know nothing:p:p:D)

Thats exactly what i,m saying and that applies to everything including megaflows which was the original thread , as long as you have the volume and pressure it will give the required flow , if you only start with low volume you will never get the flow . :D(Gray i,m afraid you know nothing:p:p:D)

Ferret I don't think I know it all and anyone who thinks they do is a muppet we all learn every day
But I could garantee I fit more than you and probably far beter quality on more top end propertys
You must be flat out with work as your a super plumber and I know nothing lol

Ferret I don't think I know it all and anyone who thinks they do is a muppet we all learn every day
But I could garantee I fit more than you and probably far beter quality on more top end propertys
You must be flat out with work as your a super plumber and I know nothing lol

your right again we all learn something new every day , so be thankfull youv,e learnt something ,lol ;) i hope your top quality customers are satisfied with your Plumbing , good luck in the future as well ,:p:D

just thought i'd add my two pennies worth.

the additional volume in 28mm pipe run would help as previously mentioned only for as long as that volume remained after which the flow would revert to that of the incoming mains supply.

personally i can't see the margin in doing it unless there is miles of 28mm pipework.

on a similar note and referring back to the post regarding similar on gas pipes to combi's, i believe it is known as reservoiring. and is a lazy way of getting enough gas for combustion when a correct pipe sizing calculation hasn't been performed. or to keep expense down instead of increasing the supply pipe all the way back when an additional gas appliance has been installed resulting in the previously correctly sized pipe now being undersized.

when i did my c&g level 3 we were told this is cowboy practice.....why should this be any different for water?

KJ;)

just thought i'd add my two pennies worth.

the additional volume in 28mm pipe run would help as previously mentioned only for as long as that volume remained after which the flow would revert to that of the incoming mains supply.

personally i can't see the margin in doing it unless there is miles of 28mm pipework.

on a similar note and referring back to the post regarding similar on gas pipes to combi's, i believe it is known as reservoiring. and is a lazy way of getting enough gas for combustion when a correct pipe sizing calculation hasn't been performed. or to keep expense down instead of increasing the supply pipe all the way back when an additional gas appliance has been installed resulting in the previously correctly sized pipe now being undersized.

when i did my c&g level 3 we were told this is cowboy practice.....why should this be any different for water?

KJ;)

Well said mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn't worry about them. Leave them a be...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
Not sure why we ended up with a 38kw boiler...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back