Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter panamajack
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 26K

Discuss Mercedes Vito van review - anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 van was transit , had it for 1 year was good workhorse but to much noise in he cabin
now I have vw transporter had it almost 3 years, all I can say about it :
my mane tool is my van

I bought the new 2012 blue efficiency 2.3ltr diesel . though i was paying for quality turns out i was really disappointed. Vans been in the garage several times . and the thing that really got on my wick was the fact they wouldn't give me a curtesy van. they told me this was policy as its comercial , after sales was rubbish

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the new 2012 blue efficiency 2.3ltr diesel . though i was paying for quality turns out i was really disappointed. Vans been in the garage several times . and the thing that really ****ed me off was the fact they wouldn't give me a curtesy van. they told me this was policy as its comercial , after sales was ****e

Whats been up with it pal? Major stuff?

Yep looked into them Stan last year, and those snow sock things!

forget about snow socks .....
get set of 4 winters and put them on by the end on November and take them of by end of march
i have got a vwt5 and have fitted set of 4 with steel wheels on it

forget about snow socks .....
get set of 4 winters and put them on by the end on November and take them of by end of march
i have got a vwt5 and have fitted set of 4 with steel wheels on it

Yep bid for 4 winter tyres, on 16 " steelies Stan on EBay, guy withdrew em early when I was winning them! Not paying dealer prices as my sport runs 17" alloys so would need the wheels also.

I am also VW Transporter forum member , and they have lots of man selling lots of gear !
why not try see if there is Mercedes forum and could get some good deal .
VW T5 is very relaxed place with members willing to get work done and the one who will do the work

I am also VW Transporter forum member , and they have lots of man selling lots of gear !
why not try see if there is Mercedes forum and could get some good deal .
VW T5 is very relaxed place with members willing to get work done and the one who will do the work
There is Stan, tagged onto a merc car forum, not like here or VW forums I can tell you!

i got set of 4 steel wheels (allmost brand new)and winter tyres with 9mm left on them almost brand new Vriedstain M&S for £375

59 plate Silver Vito sport 150 Steve, remapped up to 185 - 200 bhp depending on who you believe!
There's a picture of it on my drive, somewhere on here in another van thread.
is it v6 ? how do you find fuel economy ?
is it lwb ? enough room in rear ?

Last edited:
is it v6 ? how do you find fuel economy ?
is it lwb ? enough room in rear ?

Nah 4 pot Steve as 6 speed manual, does around 32mpg with roof bars, pipe rack and all my crap, and I don't hang about either, SWB compact, as it goes in my garage overnight.
Marks is a V6 all 5 speed auto (all V6 are auto) 204 bhp, latest are 224 bhp, MWB.

mines Ok for room, will post a pick up of the back racked out, later as on other PC pal

there is some one that sells winters 17" brand new on the VW forum and has good feedback , will send you a link in 5 min

Nah 4 pot Steve as 6 speed manual, does around 32mpg with roof bars, pipe rack and all my crap, and I don't hang about either, SWB compact, as it goes in my garage overnight.
Marks is a V6 all 5 speed auto (all V6 are auto) 204 bhp, latest are 224 bhp, MWB.

mines Ok for room, will post a pick up of the back racked out, later as on other PC pal
watching a few on ebay, fancy the v6 but fuel economy and rlf may put me off and go for 115 then have it remapped like you have

if you want to drive one you are welcome to try my van its 1.9tdi 102bhp and had it remapped to about 130bhp ,i have the electric pack (electric heated mirrors,electric windows,cruse control,air cone,cd player,) city drive i get about 500miles out of a full tank , motor way about almost 600miles . VW transporter hold there price better then any other van
got mine almost 3 years ago and I will repeat my self : Its my best tool :)
any Q, about vw just ask Steve :)

new clutch and dual must flywheel fitted at 44k , cost about 1k (common fault )
new cam belt fitted at 4 years interval 600
serviced mine last week 300 ,
i have been on the forum VW and everyone say that trend line give lots of problems
best to go for 1.9 + remap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Ryooo, cool for size, excellent bit of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Amateurs, the lot of you....am I really the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The basin & bathtaps will be pretty old to be...
Replies
Views
Back