Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Need Help With Course Information On Which One Is Best Please (20yrs Old) in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

A

A.Castillo

Hi, I have been looking to get into plumbing for quiet a while now but I have seen way too many training centers who offer a load of stuff that do not give results, and colleges that do not proceed to NVQ level 2 which I am aware and have re searched that its a needed Certificate to work on site, sadly i was contacted by Trades Gate way and signed with them 2 days ago which only yesterday i read up on all the reviews, I genuinely want to become a plumber but have no background information or any family who are currently in the industry, and I am definitely not looking to waste years and money on a course that wont get me any where :uhoh2:, could anyone kindly share some advice.

Hi Sorry youve had to waita week for someone to respond.
Ive not heard any good about the private training companies and in all honesty and my own opinion is they only want your money and will not provide you the industry training or knowledge you really deserve.
At 20 years old Id say, get out early to the plumbing suppliers and approach as many plumbers as you can face to face for an apprenticeship (they will be busy and rushing) so get their cards/contact details, put notices in suppliers, call all the companies within the radius area you are willing to travel, send letters emails....... Apprenticeship is truly your best route, you get the knowledge and the onsite experience that a plumber will share with you.
Im curious you say college doesn't offer the course you want? Id consider travelling to the next nearest campus.
Worst case scenario, find level 2 knowledge certificate if you cant find apprenticeship by sep 16 at least then you will be working towards half of the NVQ until you get a placement.

Very best of luck to you ;)

Similar plumbing topics

If you're targeting local pluming firms I'd do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
L
we had day release and manual courses with the...
Replies
Views
Paul smiler
P
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Thanks Nick, appreciate your input. I've had...
Replies
Views
Back